Handsome Guitar Hangars? These Are Nice!

László

Too Many Notes
Visiting my daughter’s for mother’s day, and saw these she used to hang my grandson’s guitars. Prettiest I’ve seen. Wood and stainless, with a thick leather strap to hold the guitar in place.

Only drawback I see is they’re not padded.

I keep my guitars cased, so don’t need stuff like this, however I thought I’d share, just in case someone else likes this design. In person, they look really great.

https://www.cb2.com/guitar-holder/s175073

If someone was a fan of guitars and bicycles, they could make a hanger using handlebar grips.
Good idea. I might replace my t shirt strips with bar tape.
Not enough sparkles.
There are some very cool bicycle bar tapes to wrap it with. I have some sparkley gold waiting to go on my track bike.

Good idea. I might replace my t shirt strips with bar tape.

There are some very cool bicycle bar tapes to wrap it with. I have some sparkley gold waiting to go on my track bike.

I was thinking something like this.

grip.jpg

maybe something we should add to the " I wish PRS made..." Thread, guitar hangers and stands made from the same exotics that the guitars are made from. I might help use up some of the scrap that gets tossed out. Just a thought.

Those are pretty and they look like they'd work well for lots of guitars. And of course you could decide to add padding to them or not. But a lot of us love Fender guitars and others with wildly asymmetrical headstocks, and for those to share wall hanger space with PRS and Gibson and Martin and others, the two pieces have to be able to move relative to each other so they can support some guitars straight up and some at an angle.

In short, they look nice but they wouldn't work for me...

-Ray

Those are pretty and they look like they'd work well for lots of guitars. And of course you could decide to add padding to them or not. But a lot of us love Fender guitars and others with wildly asymmetrical headstocks, and for those to share wall hanger space with PRS and Gibson and Martin and others, the two pieces have to be able to move relative to each other so they can support some guitars straight up and some at an angle.

In short, they look nice but they wouldn't work for me...

-Ray

Each peg mounts to the wall independently. They show a Strat on their site.

Each peg mounts to the wall independently. They show a Strat on their site.
I get that, but if your guitar collection and or where you're keeping one or two in the rotation changes a lot, it wouldn't work. For sure if you just set it up for a given guitar and always store that guitar in that location, you're golden. I'm not nearly that predictable. For example, i'm in the process of trying out a telecaster and an Ibanez hollow-body, both with P-90s. And I'm comparing both against my 594 and against my strat. Which means moving different guitars around the room to keep the one's I'm playing back to back in the prime locations, plugged in and within reach. Swiveling wall hangers work with whatever you hang in 'em whenever you need to...

-Ray

I get that, but if your guitar collection and or where you're keeping one or two in the rotation changes a lot, it wouldn't work. For sure if you just set it up for a given guitar and always store that guitar in that location, you're golden. I'm not nearly that predictable. For example, i'm in the process of trying out a telecaster and an Ibanez hollow-body, both with P-90s. And I'm comparing both against my 594 and against my strat. Which means moving different guitars around the room to keep the one's I'm playing back to back in the prime locations, plugged in and within reach. Swiveling wall hangers work with whatever you hang in 'em whenever you need to...

-Ray

Yeah.

Not my problem. My guitars stay cased.

None of this stuff matters to me personally, and I’m not trying to convince you (or anyone else) to buy them.

I’m trying to be helpful, in case folks here want a nice looking doodad for their homes. I saw them, they looked high quality and decor-friendly. Figured I’d give folks a heads-up.

Last edited:
None of this stuff matters to me personally, and I’m not trying to convince you (or anyone else) to buy them.
I didn't take it that way at all. Sorry if my response came off that way. I agree they're nice looking and would work for some people. Just explaining why they wouldn't work for me, and probably some others.

-Ray

Back