Hall of Fame, once again......

Depeche Mode was my first concert and Whitney Houston was probably my first CD (not album), so I have no problem with these picks.

If you want to hear a good rant about this topic, look up one of Eddie Trunk's tirades about how much the R-n-R HOF is a popularity contest for its owners.

Proves that it is a joke......

Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G., and Depeche Mode in

Four of the top 5 vote getters left out

Judas Priest
Dave Matthews
Soundgarden
Pet Benatar

left out.

Beyond a joke.

I was just telling the Ginger Goddess that they officially "jumped the shark" several years back. This year maybe one of the worst IMHO.

I think Mr. Miller said what needed to be said about what a joke it actually is. He breaks bad at around 1:20 or so when someone tells him to "wrap it up".

Last edited:
Proves that it is a joke......

Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G., and Depeche Mode in

Four of the top 5 vote getters left out

Judas Priest
Dave Matthews
Soundgarden
Pet Benatar

left out.

Beyond a joke.

That’s embarrassingly bad. I mean ridiculous. I was spinning up into a tirade when I realized nothing I could say would make the utter stupidity of this travesty more evident than just looking at that list. A joke. A bad joke.

In a proper rock hall, Pat Benatar would already have her own room. Her husband and musical partner Neil Geraldo is one of the most underrated guitarists of the era. This couple just isn’t getting their due. With every vote, I hate the RRHoF a little more.

Last edited:
I've never really put much stock or interest in "award ceremonies" in general....whether it's for music, film, or otherwise. So my opinion on who should or shouldn't win, be inducted, or recognized is pretty irrelevant.

That being said, it's been pretty apparent (at least to me) that the Rock Hall's definition of "Rock and Roll" is generally different than what most people think of when they use the phrase "Rock and Roll." From where I stand, it looks like the opinion of the Rock Hall is any and every form of popular music is Rock and Roll. As long as you're touring, playing to massive crowds, and promoting and selling music, then you're eligible. This can be anybody from Michael Jackson to Kiss to Emerson Lake and Palmer to 2Pac and beyond. Almost like being "knighted" in the music industry.

I'm not sure what the formula is for who is inducted before who. Who knows, we may even see somebody like Bieber or Ariana Grande make it in before some of the most coveted "Rock and Roll" bands.

I hear ya, though....seeing some people make it in before some of the "more deserving" is frustrating and kind of a "what the h*ll" moment.

Back