Had to say goodbye......

To my best buddy, Ginger, a couple of hours ago. He was 16, and lived a long, full and happy life. All our pups have musician names. Thanks to his partially red coat, he got the moniker Ginger (Baker).

I know "they" say you'll know when it's time to say goodbye, but that is complete bullsh!t. Actually, maybe it's not. Maybe I knew a few months ago, but was too selfish to do anything about it. He wasn't in pain, and he certainly wasn't a burden. Still, he was getting progressively less mobile, and it took more and more to get him up. Ah....sorry, I'll stop. I'm pretty sure if I would have said to the Mrs a couple of months ago she would have said, "yes, it is." I love her for being patient and letting me get to the point where I couldn't stand to see him the way he was, and could let him go.

One of his favorite things was snow. Rolling in it, laying in it, walking in it. It was appropriate that there were flurries in the air as we pulled into the vet's parking lot. Snow. One. Last. Time.

I love ya buddy, and I'm really gonna miss you...........

WA5GCDn.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Dangit... I went and read the Rainbow Bridge thing... Now I'm all wet eyed again...

Got a butt load of doggies and kitties waiting there to cross over to see Jesus. Now I know why I skipped it the 1st reading... DoHHH!!!

Oh great... now the wife sees me over here crying.... o_O:(:(:(:(

That really sucks, sorry to hear Jim. My thoughts are going out to you.

So sorry to hear this Jim. My thoughts are with you guys. ❤️

Last edited:
So, so sorry Jim I feel your pain. It's hard mate and were with you.
When I lost my baby It ruined me bro I cried my eyes out and don't mind admitting It.
The good times will always be with you and your love will never diminish.
Be strong bro.
AM.
( I hope iv'e worded this well enough).

Jeez... this just breaks my heart. I couldn't imagine life without our little furry "son". Dogs are something special.

In an attempt to put a smile on your face, I recently picked up a new (to me, anyway) John Deere walk behind mower...
The big kind (GS-45)...and in sticking with drummers' names, it has been Christened "Elwood"...
Figured you'd get that.

Sorry about your losing Ginger. We lost our heart dog last July, still breaks my heart that she's gone.

Before humans die, they write their last Will and Testament, give their home and all their possessions to those they leave behind.

If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home

My bowl and cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys

The lap, which I loved so much

The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name

I'd will to the sad and scared shelter cat and dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed to be no bounds.

So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."

Instead, go find an unloved cat or dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give MY place to THEM.

This is the only thing I can give...the love I left behind.

Back