Had to do it

Good lookin' axe...Love that green. Pretty sure those are the stock PU's, although a little scratched up???
Rock that thing!!!! Congrats!!!
It almost looks like a botched polish job. You can see the hand engraved 57/08.
Congrats, I'll be awake till dawn if that was in the room and I'm not a green guitar guy, but this top and color are so sweet, is it faded?
Thanks! Yeah I’m not sure how I got such a good night sleep!
Sometimes you just have to do it! That guitar would look great in a new brown Paisley case!

I kept the S2 bag, but I really want a case for it. Yep, had to do it!

Nice job! Great guitar. I bought a Custom 22 that didn’t have a case. The original owner pit it in a gig bag because he didn’t like the weight of the case and sold the case long before selling the guitar

Put her against my LP Studio. go easy on my playing!

You have two really cool guitars, that's a spot on analysis! I liked them both too and give it time...the PRS may grow more on you.

Nice vid, nice playing, very nice! Thanks for posting that.

You have two really cool guitars, that's a spot on analysis! I liked them both too and give it time...the PRS may grow more on you.

Nice vid, nice playing, very nice! Thanks for posting that.
Thanks for watching and for the kind words man. I’m always self-conscious with my playing. I guess we are our worst critics. I know this PRS will grow on me. Should be perfect for classic rock. And the cleans sound almost like P90’s.

Last edited:
You’re braver than me. I wouldn’t have the nuggets to record myself.

There’s a lot to be said for being able to relax whilst recording. A skill I don’t possess.

Keep sharing.

You’re braver than me. I wouldn’t have the nuggets to record myself.

There’s a lot to be said for being able to relax whilst recording. A skill I don’t possess.

Keep sharing.
Thanks man. I’ll try and keep mustering courage to keep recording and sharing. Today I was invited to a jam session because one of my friends saw that video. Brought the PRS, and was able to crank the amp. My god these pickups do sing!

Traded my S2 and some cash for a 2014 SC245. The only catch is no hard case which is a huge bummer, but it’s otherwise a beautiful guitar, and I couldn’t pass it up. I had my sights on a McCarty single cut for a while. I was gonna get me the S2 single cut, but here I am with a core guitar!

Can’t stop looking at it, and it’s 10pm, so can’t plug it in! Ok pics for attention!

q8bmTcE.jpg

63HZjoh.jpg

AtgBBNX.jpg

TRnXgPW.jpg

Hk0r4VC.jpg

hReNGKx.jpg

1r80zIT.jpg

That's a sweet one!

Sweet!

If you’re still wondering the story on those guitars, if memory serves, it’s like this: the SC245 was a production model for several years (mostly with the 1-piece stoptail bridge). After the 2009 SC245 limited run you mentioned, at some point that concept turned into a regular production model with a 2-piece bridge/tailpiece and 57/08’s, called the SC58, it also had a little brother called the Stripped 58 which was basically the same bones, just more plain, no neck binding, usually less figured tops. Then the name went back to the SC245 right around the time yours was made, I think in preparation to switch over to the 58/15 pickups, although obviously some made it out with 57/08’s. And now I wonder… why did they call it the SC58 until they actually started putting pickups with a “58” in them??? But, anyways, the SC245 remained for a few years until it was replaced by the SC594, I think they coexisted for a year in the PRS catalog.

I wouldn’t worry about missing the case, in terms of value lost. I don’t think your guitar is a limited model of any kind, not having the case won’t hurt the value any more than any other average PRS. That being said, I bet it’s one heck of a guitar - the 57/08’s are excellent, they have a different flavor than the newer 58/15’s, and I think there are some things they’re better at, like thick, ballsy, punchy tones, as @dogrocketp said.

That's a sweet one!
Thanks!
Class. Love it.
Yep a class of its own! Didn’t think I’ll ever own one. It’s pretty much exactly what I wanted.
Sweet!

If you’re still wondering the story on those guitars, if memory serves, it’s like this: the SC245 was a production model for several years (mostly with the 1-piece stoptail bridge). After the 2009 SC245 limited run you mentioned, at some point that concept turned into a regular production model with a 2-piece bridge/tailpiece and 57/08’s, called the SC58, it also had a little brother called the Stripped 58 which was basically the same bones, just more plain, no neck binding, usually less figured tops. Then the name went back to the SC245 right around the time yours was made, I think in preparation to switch over to the 58/15 pickups, although obviously some made it out with 57/08’s. And now I wonder… why did they call it the SC58 until they actually started putting pickups with a “58” in them??? But, anyways, the SC245 remained for a few years until it was replaced by the SC594, I think they coexisted for a year in the PRS catalog.

I wouldn’t worry about missing the case, in terms of value lost. I don’t think your guitar is a limited model of any kind, not having the case won’t hurt the value any more than any other average PRS. That being said, I bet it’s one heck of a guitar - the 57/08’s are excellent, they have a different flavor than the newer 58/15’s, and I think there are some things they’re better at, like thick, ballsy, punchy tones, as @dogrocketp said.

Can’t thank you enough for answering questions I didn’t know I had. When I first got it all I found was the 2008 model, so I jumped at the deal with more enthusiasm than I should. I mean I traded a guitar I’ll probably never see again for it. But the guitar is amazing, she plays amazing, and sounds amazing. I like how it’s one of those transition year guitars, and the missing case doesn’t bother me as much. I’m currently shopping for cases, but I did keep the S2 gig bag which is a great gig bag.

Thanks!

Yep a class of its own! Didn’t think I’ll ever own one. It’s pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Can’t thank you enough for answering questions I didn’t know I had. When I first got it all I found was the 2008 model, so I jumped at the deal with more enthusiasm than I should. I mean I traded a guitar I’ll probably never see again for it. But the guitar is amazing, she plays amazing, and sounds amazing. I like how it’s one of those transition year guitars, and the missing case doesn’t bother me as much. I’m currently shopping for cases, but I did keep the S2 gig bag which is a great gig bag.

I’m a big fan of the S2’s, but you made the right move here!

Back