Guys who bought the MIC hollowbodys...are you still diggin them??

I like my SE Hollowbody. I recently had to have the pickup switch replaced when it stopped working. My only real complaint is I can feel the inlays while I'm playing. It is a bit annoying. My first thought was that the inlays were sticking out but now I'm thinking they are recessed. Not sure what to do about them being recessed.
I would suggest poly coating, but that would probably change the attack and character of the tone.

What pickups did you decide on?
Well I tried some low output PAFs from a small maker in upstate NY, Manlius with A-III magnets, they didn't quite give me the lush sound i was looking for. I ended up with Seth Lovers, which surprised me as to how much I love the tone. The neck gives me pretty much exactly what I was looking for. If I had more cash I might have gone with BK Stormy Mondays. I have some in my SE Cu24 and they really sing.

I have an SE HBII and love the way it feels and plays. I was not happy with the pickups. Tried different strings and pup heights but the neck was always muddy and dark.

I bought a set of Wolfetone Legends (vintage PAF spec) and that did it.

Then Sweetwater got a Purple Iris 594 HBII in stock with a gorgeous top but not a 10, so I snagged it.

Now the SE sits in its gig bag and is up for sale on Reverb, but I am thinking about donating it to our Church youth music group.

Back