Gumtree

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
In the past I've used several sites for advertising any gear I want to get rid of including eBay. I always found eBay hard work for selling but I do buy a lot of stuff from there. I was bored $hitle$$ (in work) Friday so decided to have a look at Gumtree. I had most of the pics I needed so put my Santana SE and Paul Allender SE + five effects pedals on there. The Santana went to a new home on Saturday morning and two of the pedals disappeared Sunday. Personally I'm over the moon and can't fault the (free) service.

I occasionally have a look at craigslist, and it seems it's mostly people asking more money than what things are worth. If Gumtree tends to be the same way, I'm not surprised you got some quick sales if you priced reasonably. A friend of mine has sold quite a bit of music gear on craigslist, though. We have 5.6 million people in our metro area, so you reach quite a big audience for free.

My preferred place to sell these days is Reverb.com. I prefer the convenience and impersonal nature of buying/selling online.

My preferred place to sell these days is Reverb.com. I prefer the convenience and impersonal nature of buying/selling online.
I was kind of wondering which might be considered better than that ePlace. Thanks Garrett, I'll look there more often.

I was kind of wondering which might be considered better than that ePlace. Thanks Garrett, I'll look there more often.

It is definitely more seller friendly. They charge lower fees and have the option of using their own checkout system that avoids PayPal and associated fees. They've grown a lot over the last year or two and there is a ton of stuff available now, new and used.

Nothing ticks me off more than the POS trying to scam me on CL. I'd like to get my hands on a couple of those D bags.

I look at Craigslist on the odd occasion but it doesn't seem that popular or busy on the guitar and gear side of things in the UK or, at least, in Cardiff where I am. I bought quite a nice little three effect BOSS stompbox with other stuff to go with it yesterday via Gumtree, I'm over the moon with it.

Back