Guitars Rockn' Out on my wall in CA.

We had a small earth quake in Iowa about ten years ago.

I remember waking up about 5am to the sensation of rolling around in my bed and hearing cables that were hanging in hooks tapping the wall.

It's only happened in Iowa twice in my lifetime. Strange

Hope all is safe in California

About 200 miles south of RIdgecrest, here... Just had some ceiling fans and a light fixture swinging around for about 40 seconds.

The one I experienced in Virginia a few years ago seemed more violent... But, I was closer to the epicenter. Still, for my first felt California earthquake it was an interesting experience!

I don’t think that’s what the AC/DC song was about! :eek:

Hope everyone is safe!

We were vacationing in a 22 foot RV trailer in Malibu and thought that one of the kids was pushing on the trailer or jumping up and down on the hitch or something. I'd never experienced an earthquake before, and I was sitting inside with a hurt foot elevated yelling "MADELINE, STOP" out the door ('cause she's the one who would be doing something like that), but she was just sitting pleasantly in a chair outside.

I had never experienced a tremblor in Texas in my lifetime. While in the Navy, there was one in Bremerton, Washington that I didn't feel as I was on the ship. Here on Oahu, about 10 yrs. ago, I felt my first one. My house didn't shake, it vibrated... hard. I wasn't used to that and it initially frightened me but it was over quickly. It was centered on the big island but was powerful enough to be felt across the island chain. It knocked a strat off it's hanger, but hey, I don't think a nuke would damage a Fender much...;-)

Back