GUITARS---MOVIES

bluefade

I know you guys love guitars, but how about movies ? I just got back from watching the "LIFE OF PI". Excellent movie !! I recomend it to all of you and your familys. Now it's your turn to share what you've been seeing. Let em rip!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Lincoln. It was pretty good. Daniel Day Lewis was spectatcular. Definitely worth seeing.

I don't ever go to a theater to see a movie. I watch tons of things, but it's either on cable, or DVDs... Nothing in the new releases seems to interest me anymore.

The new Rolling Stones documentary "Crossfire Hurricane" was good, and I'm not that much of a Stones fan. I also liked the latest Ken Burns project, "Dust Bowl" on PBS last month. Quite a bit of Woody Guthrie in that too, since as a younger guy he spent some time in the heart of Dust Bowl country in Pampa Texas.

Goldtop

Finally saw the new Batman movie on Blu-ray last night, great movie!! EPIC!

Yes, it was. We saw it in the theater, in part because it was partially filmed here. We got to see some of the setup, one of the Tumblers, and a few other things. It's funny how your mind can play tricks on you - I swear it felt like the temperature dropped when we saw the snow on the street in August.

On the other hand, it bugs me a bit when you are familiar enough with where the film is taking place that you know the path they're taking doesn't exist - the chase scene at the end was like that.

The documentary Park Avenue in the Why poverty? series was great.Highly recommended!

Back