Guitarist Magazine June 2020 Cover Article

matonanjin

The June, 2020, cover article is about PRS guitars and it looks like a very positive article. As you can see the description of the article is, "PRS. Celebrating 35 Years of Design Innovation and Building Excellence.". Is this a Custom 22 on the cover?

VO78rSv.jpg

And here are the first couple pages

n8GNz23.jpg

I do not have the issue. I was ordering a couple back issues of a different magazine and came across this on their website. I'm sure I will pick it up!

Are you answering that it is a McCarty on the cover and not a C22? What is it that tells you it's a McCarty?

Edited: Answered my own question. The toggle switch vs. a blade switch? (Maybe I'll learn these someday. Maybe not.:rolleyes:)

And the tail piece and body thickness...

I was looking to buy this issue too. It seems to me that anyone who has actually bothered to play a PRS or do any of their own research will come to the same conclusion - that they are high end instruments with exceptional and consistent build quality first and foremost. Maybe this year they can finally break those ridiculous assumptions about PRS and get much more credit as instruments...

And the tail piece and body thickness...

I was looking to buy this issue too. It seems to me that anyone who has actually bothered to play a PRS or do any of their own research will come to the same conclusion - that they are high end instruments with exceptional and consistent build quality first and foremost. Maybe this year they can finally break those ridiculous assumptions about PRS and get much more credit as instruments...

For those of us less in the know. What are the "ridiculous assumptions" that you refer to?

That issue is great, loads of PRS content. I encourage you to get it on ipad/android/pc through Readly if you like it & other magazines, and its especially handy when stuck indoors just now, think they do a free first month. Just google readly

Anyway, the author Dave Burrluck also comes on here from time to time.

He goes deep into each model's wiring, with pictures & explanation, and corrected my miss assumption on TCI. Worth getting the issue for the geekery.

Are you answering that it is a McCarty on the cover and not a C22? What is it that tells you it's a McCarty?

Edited: Answered my own question. The toggle switch vs. a blade switch? (Maybe I'll learn these someday. Maybe not.:rolleyes:)
Neck binding, and body thickness. I was also assuming the toggle, as well.

Yep, it's a McCarty 2020. Interesting choice.

That they are wall art, only bought by lawyers, dentists etc...

Dang, when will us engineers get our recognition. We like them too. And I used to hang mine on the wall. When I owned a house. Now they pretty much just lay against the couch or if I'm feeling energetic in a stand. Someday when I again become a house owner I'll probably start hanging them on the walls again.

Dang, when will us engineers get our recognition. We like them too. And I used to hang mine on the wall. When I owned a house. Now they pretty much just lay against the couch or if I'm feeling energetic in a stand. Someday when I again become a house owner I'll probably start hanging them on the walls again.

Since buying my PRS guitars, I keep waiting for certificates to say I am a lawyer, dentist or even a doctor now to arrive in the post. The internet tells me only these professionals can own a PRS so now I have a PRS, I want my Qualification certificates to arrive LOL

Be sure to do a stress analysis and account for the curvature of the Earth.

Be sure to do a stretch analysis and account for the curvature of the Earth.

@Shawn@PRS is the most flexible. The rest of us are tied for last. We can conform to the curvature of the earth, especially after enough time at the beer cart at Experience.

I'm glad some of you resuscitated this thread. I had forgotten about it. It was a VERY positive, complementary issue. I'm not just talking one pleasant article; I'm talking the cover article "PRS Guitars 35th Anniversary" and 3 review articles. The cover article discusses the Paul's, the McCarty 594, the Silver Sky (of course) and the SE's and the Santana in glowing terms. Before going to the gear reviews the magazine has a "Anniversary Parade" sections which are not really reviews but descriptions and photos of the Custom, the CE 24, the Hollowbody, the singlecut showing the McCarty SC 594, the Silver Sky, the Santana SE. And there are interviews with John Mayer, Martin Simpson and Mark Tremonti.

Finally, the Reviews. The gear reviews are of S2's. S2 McCarty 594, S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut and the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline. How were the reviews? I'll give you a hint;) The review section is called "Best in Show" referring to NAMM.

The reviewer gave the S2 McCarty 594, S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut 9/10 and the S2 McCarty 594 Thinline Guitarist GOLD 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen a guitarist review give a 10 before. I'm sure it's happened I just haven't seen it!

EGY87Hs.jpg

Back