Guitar strap/clear guard

Banz311

Hey fellas, first post on hear and apologies if I get flamed for this but had a couple,questions. My PRS Tim Mahoney sE comes I'm tomorrow and I wanted to get a few things ahead of it reaching my doorstep.

1) what guitar strap would y'all recommend, I've heard great things about planet waves, any other recommendations
2) I know these models don't have pick guards as do most prs models, does anyone put a clear overly kinda like a clear bra on their guitars to protect it from pick scratches? I know it may sound over the top but was just curious, I don't wanna damage this beauty. Thanks!

Don't blame you for being excited about it!

I love the PRS bird straps. They're soft as can be and fit over the strap buttons really well.

I have seen those clear cling pick guards that you can just put on the guitar., it sticks by simple static electricity. You wouldn't want to use one on nitro, but the SEs are poly finishes and while you should check with PRS, I doubt it'll cause a problem.

Thanks for the info I'll definitely check out the prs strap, where would I be able to grab a clear guard from? Guitar center?

I still can't locate the picture, but two or three years ago Wildwood Guitars posted a used McCarty for sale that had a real deal pickguard installed. It was tiny, screwed on, and tortoise - I believe. It looked so nice.

oh yeah...Couch Straps are the coolest!!

IMHO, YMMV, etc... you're better off embracing the fact that it will get damaged, and that's just part of the guitar's story. :rock:

This is the safest mindset in my experience. Anything else and you just set yourself up for disappointment in the future.

I'm using this. Works well and is barely visible. Cut it to your shape and stick it on. No adhesives but stays well. Comes off for polishing the guitar and goes right back on.
http://dscustom.com/Home Page.htm

15nrcw7.jpg

wb2flk.jpg

Tom

Back