Guitar Stool

I have a cough cough Gibson svivel stool I bought before I had heard of PRS, and I like it.
Had to put it together, kind of PITA.
It is comfortable though.

Okay, I admit it. When I first saw this topic, I thought "Huh? 'Guitar stools'? My guitars have always been house-broken...".

But now that I have a better understanding of the subject, I'll say that I never much cared for stools myself so I'm afraid I'm no help to you. I'd like to have a PRS stool just because, but when I play I'm usually on my large chair/small loveseat. I can get really comfortable, have a nice drink handy if I want, and it's wide enough that the arms don't get in the way. Well-padded so dings and bumps aren't a worry. CD player and radio on one side of me, straps, tuners, small toolkit, etc. on the other, and the tv out front.

I did a little research, and there are lots of choices out there so good luck. Please let us know what you come up with.

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
I have a fender stool. Much like the Prs one. It swivels and super comfy. I stand most of the time but do appreciate the extra padding on the behind lol

I believe the ones they have out in Guitar Center are the 24" ProLine. I bought one of these, and have not regretted it! Excellent padding and holds up VERY well over time. I had initially bought a Gibson one. Within a day, my butt was sitting on the hard base. Couldn't sit on it comfortably for over 30 minutes... and I'm only 170lbs.

Kevin

Swivel, no question about it.. Suggest not limiting yourself on what's called "guitar stools" but looking at stools in furniture as well. There are some really nice looking and comfortable ones to be found.

I use a drum throne and have two styles of seats for it, one seat is round and the other is like a wide bicycle seat. Both seats are comfy. ENJOY!!!

Swivel. Two PRS stools in different places in the studio. Made in Chicago, nicely padded, built better than the Chinese stuff you find at GC, etc.

Last edited:
I use a couple of things when sitting. I have a drum throne with a contoured seat (love it). When I notice my posture getting sloppy, or I want to "recline" a little, I have an old video gamers chair that I sit on. It's kinda low to the ground, but it's comfortable, allows me to rock (literally not \m/) and it has no arms, or anything for me to bounce my guitar off of.

You can also swivel around and get dizzy but make sure you have a wireless pack on lol

I use a couple of things when sitting. I have a drum throne with a contoured seat (love it). When I notice my posture getting sloppy, or I want to "recline" a little, I have an old video gamers chair that I sit on. It's kinda low to the ground, but it's comfortable, allows me to rock (literally not \m/) and it has no arms, or anything for me to bounce my guitar off of.
Hmm, my kid has one, never thought of using it for guitar. Probably a nice change of pace...if only I can get out of it!

For acoustic players posture matters. Prolonged rhythm playing can damage the rotator cuff in your strumming shoulder. A stool beats a chair in that regard as your posture is less cramped

Dunno about the #2 one, but the Fender stool on their list is (I believe) made by the same company that makes the PRS stool (and one of the co-owners is my son-in-law, so yeah, I’m biased, but it’s a higher quality stool than the $30 Chinese one that’s also in their list).

Because of my bad back I gotta have some support, drum throne with a backrest for gigs, and a good office chair lowered & adjusted for max support at home. A regular guitar stool with no backrest would end my playing days.

Back