Guitar player faces

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
Over in another thread this topic came up...so let's see what kind of playing faces y'all can come up with?

Here's a start...the topic of much heat throughout the Forum...

CLfjZ8g.jpg

I once saw Frank Zappa do a whole solo of guitar faces. Didn't play a note - just made the faces.

Seeing this thread reminded me of a YouTube video of some dude demoing his Peavey 3120 several years ago. The face has remained with me ever since.

06C91E08-1B9A-4017-9E8F-D48997B51CD5_zpsf1yoqqlk.gif

(Original video)

Ah yesss ............ the infamous "guitar face" ........ I'm so all over this one.

"Guitar faces" have adorned many great guitarists of our time. Our rockin' forefathers did.

The great Carlos Santana's are so epic that they make memes out of them.

Alex looks like he's taking a dump most of the time.

Nigel Tufnel has a black belt at it.

Even guys that don't play guitar that well can make faces to look like they do.

............and the only guitarist immune to it is ................................

BUCKETHEAD

Maybe *THAT'S* why he uses the mask, maybe he makes too many faces when he's playing.

Ah yesss ............ the infamous "guitar face" ........ I'm so all over this one.

"Guitar faces" have adorned many great guitarists of our time. Our rockin' forefathers did.

The great Carlos Santana's are so epic that they make memes out of them.

Alex looks like he's taking a dump most of the time.

Nigel Tufnel has a black belt at it.

Even guys that don't play guitar that well can make faces to look like they do.

............and the only guitarist immune to it is ................................

BUCKETHEAD

Maybe *THAT'S* why he uses the mask, maybe he makes too many faces when he's playing.
Yeah but have you heard the solo that comes along with that Jonas solo! Not good!!

Back