Guitar Paralysis?

StillCantankerous

Deja Voodo
Have you ever experienced what I call "Guitar Paralysis?"

E.G. you have a new guitar incoming and you feel like you can't play anything BUT that guitar until it arrives...even though you have plenty of others?

OR you have parts on order to upgrade or mod a guitar and you find yourself avoiding that guitar until you get the parts?

OR...am I just insane and/or this has already been discussed?

Have you ever experienced what I call "Guitar Paralysis?"

E.G. you have a new guitar incoming and you feel like you can't play anything BUT that guitar until it arrives...even though you have plenty of others?

OR you have parts on order to upgrade or mod a guitar and you find yourself avoiding that guitar until you get the parts?

OR...am I just insane and/or this has already been discussed?
Simple answer, Yup. On all counts;). That included being insane:confused:. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We all are, thats why we hang out here.:rolleyes:

I usually do butter and jam, but that sounds intriguing!

A lot of kids nowadays are allergic to peanuts or have nut allergies. While I usually don't cook late into the evening (as some bars or restaurants might), it makes good sense to avoid the hectic crowds at night and just clear a spot in your own dining room where you can enjoy a light snack.

The cream cheese is a substitute for peanut butter that although lacks the sharp flavor of peanuts, the cream cheese texture with jam on rye or whole wheat toast won't fill you up more than you might need. And maybe that's what a light snack is supposed to do...fill you up, instead of having nothing in the tank by morning...

I usually don't put stuff away until just before bed, but like my parents taught me, a clean house means less chance for bugs or vermin. Maybe it also means a better organized house also translates to a better organized mind. And helps maintain your sanity.

Regards not being able to wait until your new guitar arrives...you ordered the guitar...it takes a while just like you ordered something at the restaurant...the food arrives quickly, because it only takes a brief while to cook a burger...the guitar, is not a burger and takes longer to build, like Rome was...

I prefer to not think of this like a fishing expedition where you set out rod and reel and wait. I prefer to think of this like how you might cultivate a garden...where it takes work. Fishing? No work. Gardening? Plenty of work. This is why hobbyist fishermen are not known for doing their jobs. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Being damn near certifiable (but never having visited Les' couch) and ALSO the parent of a peanut-allergic child, I can formally attest that Wow Butter (soy-based) is SO DANG CLOSE to the flavor of actual peanut butter that I did a legit spit-take when I first tried it. Makes a great sandwich...

OTOH Biscoff Cookie Spread is a delicacy best enjoyed straight, no chaser...

Back