Guitar necks & fretboards

Michele Caprio

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, and I don't really know if this topic has been covered yet, so forgive me in advance.

Do you think it would be possible to have a rosewood unique piece neck & fretboard?

Thanks!

How do you install the truss rod in that case?
It's possible to have neck and fretboard from the same blank, but you have to separate them to install the rod.

207904-2up.jpg

If you are asking if the neck and fretboard can be a single, solid piece, see the answer above.

Thanks guys! So you can basically have neck & fretboard from the same "piece", but you still have to separate them to let the rod pass, right?

Thanks guys! So you can basically have neck & fretboard from the same "piece", but you still have to separate them to let the rod pass, right?
Right. I suppose you could try to just drill the hole but there are clamps at both ends to grip the wood so that it bends as it should and those would have to be set in somehow. After millions of guitars built with this method and just about zero issues with it, it seems like "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is wise counsel.

Right. I suppose you could try to just drill the hole but there are clamps at both ends to grip the wood so that it bends as it should and those would have to be set in somehow. After millions of guitars built with this method and just about zero issues with it, it seems like "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is wise counsel.
Thanks!

Back