Guitar Jack - A Bit Loose?

jdag

My wife bought me a Boss WL-20 wireless kit for Christmas, but it is causing me some trouble right from the get-go. The transmitter will not say properly seated in my McCarty's guitar jack. I tried it on my acoustic and it works fine, the acoustic's jack really grips the transmitter.

Any ideas on how to improve the grip? I am not going to change out the jack just for this as I've never had trouble with a traditional cable.

+1. The jack in some guitars has a fairly loose tang. Just bend it in a little.

I usually replace the wireless transmitter cables with better cables. That also often helps. In my case I use G50/G90 with standard TB4 cables. Shure cables are a great upgrade for them.

Thanks guys...sounds like an easy fix. I am out of town from today until 1/1, so will have to try to fix it when I get home next week.

Thanks for the replies...I returned home from my trip yesterday and just opened up the guitar, bent the tang slightly, and all is good now. While I am not a huge fan of yet another rechargeable device in my life, the Boss WL-20 is pretty cool. Glad it works well!

+1. The jack in some guitars has a fairly loose tang. Just bend it in a little.

I usually replace the wireless transmitter cables with better cables. That also often helps. In my case I use G50/G90 with standard TB4 cables. Shure cables are a great upgrade for them.
No wires on these - it's the new generation where you plug a rechargable wart directly into both ends.

Back