Guitar Inventory Template?

Fred Baer

Hi all, I'm working on an inventory of my guitars for insurance purposes, and was wondering if anyone had a format or template that they use they would be willing to share. I started a simple excel spreadsheet, but thought that I would ask!

Thanks!

I use an XL spreadsheet. Make you you store a copy (and a photo file) someplace other than where you keep your guitars.
Absolutely, I was going to drop a printed copy into my safe deposit box, and keep it in the cloud (which is shorthand for someone else computer)

I use an XL spreadsheet. Make you you store a copy (and a photo file) someplace other than where you keep your guitars.
Same here - an Xcell spreadsheet - Hate to mention this & you probably already know it, but be sure to back up all your data files. I use the file to keep track of string change dates, maintenance (ex - fret dresses) as well. I also include all amps and pedals.

Same here - an Xcell spreadsheet - Hate to mention this & you probably already know it, but be sure to back up all your data files. I use the file to keep track of string change dates, maintenance (ex - fret dresses) as well. I also include all amps and pedals.

Same thing here. Date purchased, serial, year, date, color declared value. Saved on PC, external drive, and cloud.

If you have a Mac, I have a completely unique inventory doc I could share.

Same thing here. Date purchased, serial, year, date, color declared value. Saved on PC, external drive, and cloud.
Great minds think alike! Also have pics of each guitar & saved as you indicate. Last but not least - my 75lb dog is also protecting my investments

- my 75lb dog is also protecting my investments
Mess with my cat Dybbuk at your own peril.
meancat.gif

I recently changed my home insurer. Gigging guitars (yes they leave the house of course) are now named on the schedule and they are covered for damage and theft away from home. The value is what I told them it was.

Anyone ever used that musical equipment insurance that I can't remember the name on that's usually near the top of the Google search for it?

I'm the idiot with all the PA equipment (3 systems worth) in addition to the guitars, amps, a Roland keyboard, etc...

Musicproinsurance

I recently changed my home insurer. Gigging guitars (yes they leave the house of course) are now named on the schedule and they are covered for damage and theft away from home. The value is what I told them it was.

The limit on the schedule is only a ceiling and not guaranteed unless it’s an “agreed amount” form.

Back