Guitar Entertainment System

sergiodeblanc

I miss my real rig, it’s been at the practice spot for... uhh... five months?!?!

And with a wife and toddler at home 24/7 I barely get more than a few minutes alone before someone starts crawling up my @ss... and I don’t have the time to spare to go downstairs, fire up the amp, the computer, and clean cat barf off my stuff so, I came up with this:

Cm7LkpC.jpg

Can you bring your rig home and run it at a reasonable level?

I am obviously a tube amp snob. I can’t get on board with that contraption. :D With the exception of the Tacos sign. Tacos are always a good idea.

Getting that “internal error” sh!t again..

Anyway, I can shoot Bluetooth from my phone into the amp for backing tracks, and the Zoom thingy has a looper and enough effects for me to be only mildly annoying at a moment’s notice.

Yeah, it’s not amazing or anything but.. it’s less of a “rig” than it is a guitar entertainment system. Kinda like, a Nintendo but for guitar.

And many thanks to @CandidPicker for the taco patch! It came with Velcro on the back so, perfect.

E7xH2jp.jpg

Can you bring your rig home and run it at a reasonable level?

I am obviously a tube amp snob.

Of course I could. I could also go downstairs to the other tube amp I use to fold laundry on. But this tucks away behind my dresser upstairs or under the credenza.

I miss my real rig, it’s been at the practice spot for... uhh... five months?!?!

And with a wife and toddler at home 24/7 I barely get more than a few minutes alone before someone starts crawling up my @ss... and I don’t have the time to spare to go downstairs, fire up the amp, the computer, and clean cat barf off my stuff so, I came up with this:

Cm7LkpC.jpg
For a few years in PA, I just ran my Zoom into my Boogie V Twin into a cheesy set of TV speakers. It was plenty of fun and didn’t annoy the neighbours...well except one.

Cm7LkpC.jpg

THat's innovation right there!

Somebody needs to make something like this. Like, if there was a watered down Helix with an amp and some speakers in a compact package I’d be all over it.

I like the Fender GT and Yamaha THR series amps but, ya gotta buy foot switches to make it functional and fun, and then that’s more clutter. I think a floorboard with built in speakers would be so great.

Somebody needs to make something like this. Like, if there was a watered down Helix with an amp and some speakers in a compact package I’d be all over it.

I like the Fender GT and Yamaha THR series amps but, ya gotta buy foot switches to make it functional and fun, and then that’s more clutter. I think a floorboard with built in speakers would be so great.
Headphones a no go?

Headphones suck. I mean, they totally have their place but, cables suck... where do you put ‘em when you’re playing? And “air” just rules, it feels good, even if it’s only a couple watts.

But yeah, put a headphone jack on there for sure.
Agreed, air is the best. On the rare occasion I use headphones the cord goes behind me and under the guitar. But you are restricted.
That being said, the headphone amp on the Kemper is astonishingly good.
Luckily (or something) I'm able to crank the rig at will... mostly.

Back