Guitar display/stand or in case?

I used to display a very nice solid spruce top acoustic guitar until one day in the dead of winter the top cracked right down the middle. That was a painful lesson in why it’s a good idea to keep your nice guitars cased and properly humidified.

My 335 and a FrankenStrat suffered small neck back dings due to toddler attacks. But the dividends paid from an early exposure yielded 2 sons that are amazing musicians. Both have worked in the industry, too.

Every nick, ding, scratch, and scar carry stories of fun, love, excitement, and emotions from playing music…on stage, at home, with friends, with your children, and and combination thereof. I wouldn’t trade a single one for anything.

drew-guitar1.jpg

He got a tad bigger. :oops:

On one of our trips playing in Minnesota, I ran across an old Sherwood deluxe archtop at a music store we frequented. I couldn't help myself so it came back with me.

That guitar I believe is from around 1954 and has seen a lot of play time but hasn't been destroyed. Before being at the shop it ended up in the case for a long long time under a bed according to the shop owner and that's when the pickguard off-gassed and stained both the case and guitar.

I know that guitar..

My 335 and a FrankenStrat suffered small neck back dings due to toddler attacks. But the dividends paid from an early exposure yielded 2 sons that are amazing musicians. Both have worked in the industry, too.

Every nick, ding, scratch, and scar carry stories of fun, love, excitement, and emotions from playing music…on stage, at home, with friends, with your children, and and combination thereof. I wouldn’t trade a single one for anything.

drew-guitar1.jpg
Great photo.

You should really reward yourself with a Santana for being such a great Dad!

(Runs away)

Back