Guitar Cases

Tom Bradovich

There was a user here who said his S2 CU24 would not fit properly in the PRS multi-fit case. What about the S2 McCarty Thinline - anybody know if the PRS case will provide a good fit? Also, I cannot tell from the pics on the PRS site if that case has storage boxes or areas inside the case. Anybody shed light on that? I know my guitar will come with a gig bag, but I prefer a case.

I read that somewhere too but thought it was for the SE? TI have a hard time believing the PRS case won't fit the S2 cu24. I don't own a S2 but the case that came with my core Cu24 is built like a TANK and my 30th SE Cu24 Floyd fits in there just fine too. There is storage compartment as well.
I too prefer to have a case for my guitars, but for daily transport I use my gig bags more than anything and when home they are on the wall, but long travel or such I'm sure happy to have a case.

I have a couple of those gator cases. They are ok. I had one crack in a travel impact but the guitar stayed safe and the case still functions. They are much lighter than the PRS case.

I'd contact PRS directly. I really have a difficult time believing they don't make a case to fit a Maryland made custom 24.

Last edited:
When I'm at GC picking up the guitar, I'll check out their stock of cases. If nothing works or meets my needs, I'll absolutely call PRS and ask about the multi fit case and my S2 McCarty Thinline. I won't mind if the case is heavy - I'll know that it will offer premium protection.

Back