Guitar building with Paul

Shawn@PRS

yogi
paul.jpg
Paul has been hosting meeting for the PRS crew every Wednesday where he discusses specific aspects of guitar building. This week we discussed the building and the design of pickups. He also touched a little bit on the technology he and his father created which is now being used by the US Navy and Johns Hopkins hospital. They guy is so much more than a "Guitar Builder".

Last edited:
Paul has been hosting meeting for the PRS crew every Wednesday where he discusses specific aspects of guitar building. This week we discussed the building and the design of pickups. He also touched a little bit on the technology he and his father created which is now being used by the US Navy and Johns Hopkins hospital. They guy is so much more than a "Guitar Builder".
That's so cool. All I get off my guvnor is how long you gonna be!!! But there again all he gets from me is How long is a piece of string:D

Lollers -- I actually understand most of that picture, are you sure you're not giving away company secrets there?

AYE KEED, AYE KEED...

You all have the coolest jobs in the world. I would love to be an engineer for a luthier like PRSh, I'm just not sure what my skills would be good for besides hacking the CNC machine to make funny shapes, and I suspect you already have people for that (I met one at one of the experiences).

View attachment 4490 Paul has been hosting meeting for the PRS crew every Wednesday where he discusses specific aspects of guitar building. This week we discussed the building and the design of pickups. He also touched a little bit on the technology he and his father created which is now being used by the US Navy and Johns Hopkins hospital. They guy is so much more than a "Guitar Builder".

I consider Paul and Tom Scholtz two of the best and brightest.

Can anyone guess what Paul is drawing on the whiteboard?

Looks like a side view of a covered humbucker underneath the strings. He's called out the series link and appears to be talking about coil splitting (8000 winds total, 4000 per coil). Looks like he's also pointed out the magnetic window created by the two rows of poles. :cool:

Looks like a side view of a covered humbucker underneath the strings. He's called out the series link and appears to be talking about coil splitting (8000 winds total, 4000 per coil). Looks like he's also pointed out the magnetic window created by the two rows of poles. :cool:

yeah...this^:)

That is my impression.

Either that, or it is a kid wearing a ridiculous flat hat looking through one of those old stereo slide viewers...

Back