Guitar Build Challenge

Stephen J.

In a different thread, I challenged another member to build a guitar in one week as a learning exercise.
Expectations are to build a guitar like instrument without using pre made guitar parts and not spending over $20 US. I decided it was only fair to do my own build. Let's see what you all can come up with too.

In a different thread, I challenged another member to build a guitar in one week as a learning exercise.
Expectations are to build a guitar like instrument without using pre made guitar parts and not spending over $20 US. I decided it was only fair to do my own build. Let's see what you all can come up with too.

You did it! You actually did it! Wow

Not yet I haven’t. Now I have to follow through. Put up or shut up. Isn’t that the saying?
I went downstairs to try and fit a bridge post and a saddle post into a chunk piece of wood! I need to ream the holes to size and then put a spare nut and I am in business!

I would love to do this, but what about tuning machines? Sure, you could make friction pegs like a violin or something, but those are slightly imprecise.

I would love to do this, but what about tuning machines? Sure, you could make friction pegs like a violin or something, but those are slightly imprecise.
I am producing a whole lot of imprecise. It has definitely been a problem solving experience.

Back