Guess my NGD!

drdoom8793

THAT guy at Chick-fil-A
Got something on the way! The first hint I'll give is that after several years of owning SEs and an S2, it will be my first Core PRS. I'll post pictures once it arrives.

The possibilities are endless. A clue or two would be helpful. Does it have six strings (in total)? The prize for the first correct answer will be?

I'll hazard a guess, because I know the prize will just be the satisfaction of randomly choosing something correctly:

:rolleyes:

Core PRS.

:p

Oh wait, I think that is already obvious.

Core CU24. Because it is the epitome of what a PRS stands for. (That was the reason that model was my first PRS.)

OTOH, if it turns out to be a core NOS/used Mira or Starla or something similarly offbeat that will not surprise me.

I should have elaborated more it seems :oops:

Here's a few more clues:
It's a used guitar.
22 frets
6 strings
Wraparound bridge

The possibilities are endless. A clue or two would be helpful. Does it have six strings (in total)? The prize for the first correct answer will be?
A virtual high five!

I know the prize will just be the satisfaction of randomly choosing something correctly

I am going for Custom 22 and if I am correct (and I could be) there ain't no way I will admit to my choice being random and nobody will see the smug self-satisfied look on my face :rolleyes:

Epiphone LP...
Aww c'mon. What'd I do to you??

Bingo! We have a winner!

Its-not-just-Friday...-Its-HIGH-FIVE-Friday-That-means-you-get-a-high-five-with-every-pint-between-2.jpg

0e3887d46233d4c3121c503110a85ae6.png

529e5ed802554.image.gif

I've got a mid-2000s McCarty in black on the way from a GC in Missouri somewhere. Once it arrives, I'll be sure to post some pics. Like I said, this will be my first Core PRS and I couldn't be more excited!

Well, some might claim that a McCarty is a modified Custom 22 but not me. Very nice. Congrats!

And well done ElrytNamrogo!

Bingo! We have a winner!

Its-not-just-Friday...-Its-HIGH-FIVE-Friday-That-means-you-get-a-high-five-with-every-pint-between-2.jpg

529e5ed802554.image.gif

I've got a mid-2000s McCarty in black on the way from a GC in Missouri somewhere. Once it arrives, I'll be sure to post some pics. Like I said, this will be my first Core PRS and I couldn't be more excited!

Hot damn tamale man! Congrats!

Bingo! We have a winner!

529e5ed802554.image.gif

Im curious to see how that works out, i always look at GC used and see insane(insane in a good way) prices for used PRS, but am wary of the actual condition of the guitars. Theres a Standard 22 on there ive been eyeballing, As well as the Jade Holcomb model but im waiting to see if they drop the price.

Im curious to see how that works out, i always look at GC used and see insane(insane in a good way) prices for used PRS, but am wary of the actual condition of the guitars. Theres a Standard 22 on there ive been eyeballing, As well as the Jade Holcomb model but im waiting to see if they drop the price.
I've bought used from GC before and haven't really had issues. You just gotta keep an eye out for some deals. I picked the McCarty up for a cool $999. It looks stock as far as I can tell and includes the original hard case. We'll see! Otherwise, I'll be back to the drawing board.

I don't think it's any different then buying blind on the Internet. You're right though, they have some stupid low prices on some great PRS guitars. I picked up a mint 2008 Cu22 and a 10 Top 2011 Studio, also mint, from my local GC in the past few years. Both were well below $2k

Back