Groove Tubes Soul-O 75

Parralax view

I've been offered one of these for nothing. The friend just stopped playing abruptly and has sold or given all of his stuff away. I'm confounded by his actions, but he wants me to have this.... again for nothing. I don't want to take advantage, but did I mention Free?? It's dusty but all guts seem to work just fine. I remember them from Texas but have never played one. Anyone have any experience with them?? Even if you do, did I mention free??..

Take the amp, buy your buddy a gift, and tell him if he changes his mind you’ll give it back.

Before I had ulnar nerve surgery, I was pretty bummed, because I thought I’d be unable to play; I told my son he could have any of my gear he wanted, and I’d sell the rest. Fortunately, my son talked me out of it.

Then again, sometimes people get rid of stuff because they just want to do that! :)

Yep, i've given all of that some thought, he was a very active player around here for a long time before I even came to Hawaii. I met him through my lady, they are school buddies from Kamehameha schools. He seems fine and ok, just burned out on playing out and having a bunch of gear. I like the suggestions, I'll take him to Ruths Chris or something or maybe that bottle of good expensive scotch. I haven't taken it yet as we live on far sides of the island from each other, but probably this weekend I will acquire it. This wasn't expected and isn't some made up thing. I was shocked to be honest. He also said it was heavy as F and his back is out and ain't comin back....

Well... sigh, someone came to their senses. He called me and said he had changed his mind on giving it away but would sell it to me for a good price... I respectfully turned him down with the caveat that I already had three good amps, and moths were flyin out my wallet... It was a nice thing to think of me, but like I said, I think he realized that it would have just been...uh... stupid to give it away. He's still offering it, but for sale now. Maybe I should have moved quicker, but like others here, I thought it might be something emotional or mental and balked. I think I'm glad I did. On to the future......

Back