Groove Tubes Soul-O 75

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by Parralax view, May 26, 2018.

1. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

I've been offered one of these for nothing. The friend just stopped playing abruptly and has sold or given all of his stuff away. I'm confounded by his actions, but he wants me to have this.... again for nothing. I don't want to take advantage, but did I mention Free?? It's dusty but all guts seem to work just fine. I remember them from Texas but have never played one. Anyone have any experience with them?? Even if you do, did I mention free??..

1BlinkGone and LSchefman like this.
  2. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Silver pants make me wanna dance.

Never played one but I’ve heard nothing but great things about those amps. Very generous friend! They’re not cheap.

1BlinkGone and LSchefman like this.
  3. toothace

toothace At least I'm good at dentistry

With friends like that...who needs a gear budget!

LSchefman likes this.
  4. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Dayum...
    Buy your friend something nice and do it

LSchefman, bodia and veinbuster like this.
  5. veinbuster

veinbuster Coming of age

Dave has good ideas from time to time. This is one of those times.

LSchefman, bodia and dmatthews like this.
  6. Audie

Audie New Member

I am concerned for your friend. His actions could mean he may harm himself. Check in on him or let his family know. I hope I am wrong.

LSchefman and bodia like this.
  7. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Well to be honest, I had never considered this. 80/20 rule says it's not the case, but nobody should ever ignore the 20.

LSchefman likes this.
  8. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Make sure your buddy is ok first, then grab the amp and give him a bottle of scotch.

LSchefman likes this.
  9. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Take the amp, buy your buddy a gift, and tell him if he changes his mind you’ll give it back.

Before I had ulnar nerve surgery, I was pretty bummed, because I thought I’d be unable to play; I told my son he could have any of my gear he wanted, and I’d sell the rest. Fortunately, my son talked me out of it.

Then again, sometimes people get rid of stuff because they just want to do that! :)

10. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

Yep, i've given all of that some thought, he was a very active player around here for a long time before I even came to Hawaii. I met him through my lady, they are school buddies from Kamehameha schools. He seems fine and ok, just burned out on playing out and having a bunch of gear. I like the suggestions, I'll take him to Ruths Chris or something or maybe that bottle of good expensive scotch. I haven't taken it yet as we live on far sides of the island from each other, but probably this weekend I will acquire it. This wasn't expected and isn't some made up thing. I was shocked to be honest. He also said it was heavy as F and his back is out and ain't comin back....

LSchefman likes this.
  11. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

Well... sigh, someone came to their senses. He called me and said he had changed his mind on giving it away but would sell it to me for a good price... I respectfully turned him down with the caveat that I already had three good amps, and moths were flyin out my wallet... It was a nice thing to think of me, but like I said, I think he realized that it would have just been...uh... stupid to give it away. He's still offering it, but for sale now. Maybe I should have moved quicker, but like others here, I thought it might be something emotional or mental and balked. I think I'm glad I did. On to the future......

LSchefman likes this.
  12. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

It’s better to have kept a friend, right?

Good outcome.