Grissom's new TV Yellow Korina DGT

Jedi

Hi Everyone,

I finally had a chance to catch David Grissom Tuesday night at the Saxon in Austin. David sounded great and the combination of his DGT and the DG30 amplifier rig sounded huge. What I noticed right away before the show even started was a TV Yellow DGT on the stand with one of his regular sunburst guitars. I spoke with David briefly after the show and he said he literally just got it and was breaking it in. It sounded great. To my ears closer to a DGT Standard because of the lack of maple top.

David also posted a photo of the guitar on Facebook and Instagram.....check it out.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did it look like this?

korina_zpsl7z7etev.jpg

That is the exact guitar and the one played Tuesday night. IMHO I would put black rings on it...

Notice it has a different nut....could it be plastic or bone? Definitely not the normal nut.

Cool guitar, though it's not TV Yellow, it's simply natural Korina. TV Yellow is a pronounced yellow stain.

My son was almost at that show too. He had to work another show at the same time DG played. I won't show him this thread...he's bummed.

Grissom was calling it TV Yellow, and to me it defintiely looks more "yellow" than the natural korina DGTs they did in 2013:

kordgt.jpg

I also noticed TV Yellow is an official color on the PS color list.

Grissom uses bone nuts on all his gigging guitars as he says he wears out the regular PRS nut.

Grissom was calling it TV Yellow, and to me it defintiely looks more "yellow" than the natural korina DGTs they did in 2013:

kordgt.jpg

I also noticed TV Yellow is an official color on the PS color list.

Grissom uses bone nuts on all his gigging guitars as he says he wears out the regular PRS nut.

The other DGT he had with him on Tuesday had the regular PRS nut and all the photos I've seen have the standard PRS nut.

The other DGT he had with him on Tuesday had the regular PRS nut and all the photos I've seen have the standard PRS nut.
The pics Ive seen of the gig on Davids facebook show the other guitar with bone nut also...not sure what night this was from.

boney.jpg

In fact, almost every pic of David playing the past 1-2yrs, his guitars all have bone nuts. Im curious how the tone is effected as well.

Last edited:
The pics Ive seen of the gig on Davids facebook show the other guitar with bone nut also...not sure what night this was from.

boney.jpg

In fact, almost every pic of David playing the past 1-2yrs, his guitars all have bone nuts. Im curious how the tone is effected as well.

Wow...maybe I missed it this past Tuesday. I thought the other DGT has the regular but but I could be mistaken. Thanks.

Back on October 28th, I posted this on the forum after asking him, via his website:

"They are not bone . A variation of Delrin that lasts longer and is good for keeping the trem in tune." This was the exact quote I received a day or two later from him.

This was regarding the two DGT signatures he was playing at the time when I heard him at The Saxon Pub. The last time I saw him, a couple weeks back, he didn't have the Korina yet.

Excellent looking axes. I'd get some birds on them though. Some straight up hollow J-Birds. Oh yeah!

This sounds interesting, does anyone know if these will be made available to the public?
George Music Center did a run of ~10 these early 2013, they are out in the wild. All Korina, old birds, Braz boards. Ive seen them come up for sale every now and then.

Back