Grissom Pickup In P22

watelessness

So, it's been six months since the P22 arrived, and I finally got around to swapping out the 53/10 Bridge pickup with a Grissom...

mother_of_god.jpg

CRGTR kept insisting that the force was strong in the 2008/09 DGT pups. I had to experience it to understand, and boy do I now understand!:adore:Sounds like you had a similar experience. :rock:

CRGTR kept insisting that the force was strong in the 2008/09 DGT pups. I had to experience it to understand, and boy do I now understand!:adore:Sounds like you had a similar experience. :rock:

DGT GAS is severe.

Glad I bumped into this thread.

I've got a DGT now and really enjoying it, and currently considering a P22 with the 57/08. How does the P22 with DGT compare to stock?

Glad I bumped into this thread.

I've got a DGT now and really enjoying it, and currently considering a P22 with the 57/08. How does the P22 with DGT compare to stock?

well, i am not a fan of the 53/10's for dirt. the DGT pickup is great, but i lost too much volume when split because
of the phase issue and i took it back out. 57/08's should have plenty of power but they will have a vintage character as compared to the DGT.

Thanks man, so in the P22 or even a P22 trem, the DGT pups might not be ideal?

Also on a side note from looking at your signature (nice guitars by the way), how does the DGT compare to the P22 and the Siggy, I'm thinking of either of those guitars (vs swapping pickups in my other guitar).

Thanks

Thanks man, so in the P22 or even a P22 trem, the DGT pups might not be ideal?

Also on a side note from looking at your signature (nice guitars by the way), how does the DGT compare to the P22 and the Siggy, I'm thinking of either of those guitars (vs swapping pickups in my other guitar).

Thanks

the DGT pickups will sound great in the P22's as long as you don't want to split them, which is wasteful imho.

regarding the P22 versus the Sig LTD: The Sig covers a great deal of clean and dirty ground but it's not a DGT. the P22 also covers a lot of ground, especially clean, but it is also not a DGT. my P22 is from Experience 2012 so it has the maple neck, which might be why my mileage is what it is. hope this helps more than it confuses

Thanks again,

Can't help but ask when you say but it's not a DGT, curious what you'd be referring to?

Also I'm guessing the Siggy would handle gain more clearly than the P22's 57/08s would?

Back