Greg Koch...

He's got more talent in the part of his fingernails that he trimmed off before going on stage than I will ever have, and yet I couldn't listen to all of the song. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "One well placed note is worth 1000 thrown together in a blur." The magic of the blues is what happens when it grabs you by the heart and wrings out all your emotions. I can't get emotional when the notes go by faster than my ears can send them to my heart.

The tone? Yeah, it was spot on. The song...classic. The performance...gifted. The result? Ho hum....

But what do I know?

That was phenomenal. Absolutely awesome performance. If I played like that and someone said they couldn’t even listen... I’d break out the El Kabong :D But this is what is great about music. I mean, there were actually people that LIKED Devo... and Kurt Cobain. To each his own.

I went to a clinic at a small store that he did for Mel Bay. Up close and personal he was fab.

I ran into him twice at GearFest. I reminded him of a statement he made to Paul on a video about how Michael Ault was treating the Brent Mason model like a farm animal which made Paul crack up. Love that dude.

Been a fan for years. His internal 'library' of licks & riffs is legendary... right up there with Paul Gilbert.
If you've never seen any of his gittar demos on youtube for Wildwood, well.... :eek:

The KMT is coming to Austin and playing the Saxon Pub on Thursday, May 2nd. But for me, it's a late show down there...However, he'll be at the Dallas Guitar Show that weekend(3,4,5) so I'll catch him at the Reverend Booth on Saturday morning...and playing that afternoon. See ya there~!

KMT is Koch's finest work to date, IMO. I've been a fan for awhile, but KMT blew me away.

Back