Greetings

gemyneye

So many guitars, not enough time
Hello,
I just joined and wanted to say hello. I have played guitar on and off for the past 36 years (more off) and have gotten serious in the past 2 years. My first guitar ever was a black Fender Strat, which I traded up to an Ibanez, which I hocked when I needed money to help support me and my kids. Many years later I got a inexpensive Cort guitar to pick up and got a couple Godin's (I still have my xTSA which is a workhorse), then I played my first PRS in 2008, whoa, it was the most awesome thing I've played so I got my first CE-22 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. I still have it today! I'm getting close to retirement to I'm getting my dream guitars, and thus far I have a Silver Sky (core), a 594SC, Custom 24, and pre-ordered a 2021 Studio. Oh and a Custom 24 SE that I play at work on my lunch and breaks. I'm told there is a 12-18 months wait and I'm just over 2 months in. Man, the waiting is rough, so I am loving my current collection and playing daily and waiting with bated breath. Patience...

Last edited:
Welcome and nice to hear of the journey to your dream guitarsenal! I’m a relatively new player (around 3 years) and late-starter, but making up for lost time. As much as I enjoy playing now, extra time in future retirement years is also appealing. I have a Silver Sky and Paul’s Guitar that I thoroughly enjoy playing - they’re very fine instruments and while I’ll probably rarely do them justice, the enjoyment they give makes them a bargain! Seems like such a long time to wait - did you not see any models currently for sale without the need to order? Still - it can be good to make ourselves wait sometimes. Take care.

Thank you! Trust time flies quickly!!! My goal is to become a professional musician/song writer (which has been my lifelong dream, but raising kids and supporting my family came first). Yes there were older ones, but I really wanted the 2021 model, which I couldn't find anywhere. I like the changes they made to the new studio.

Hello,
I just joined and wanted to say hello. I have played guitar on and off for the past 36 years (more off) and have gotten serious in the past 2 years. My first guitar ever was a black Fender Strat, which I traded up to an Ibanez, which I hocked when I needed money to help support me and my kids. Many years later I got a inexpensive Cort guitar to pick up and got a couple Godin's (I still have my xTSA which is a workhorse), then I played my first PRS in 2008, whoa, it was the most awesome thing I've played so I got my first CE-22 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. I still have it today! I'm getting close to retirement to I'm getting my dream guitars, and thus far I have a Silver Sky (core), a 594SC, Custom 24, and pre-ordered a 2021 Studio. I'm told there is a 12-18 months wait and I'm just over 2 months in. Man, the waiting is rough, so I am loving my current collection and playing daily and waiting with bated breath. Patience...

Welcome here. We do love pics, when you can.
Welcome!
One of those pics would be perfect for your avatar!;)

I forgot to mention my SE. Apparently I'm not sure how to add a photo to the thread and I'm pretty good with technology.

OP like you a 30 year player who discovered PRS through the Mira in 2013 and now I have 6...all USA except 1 SE that I gig with and love....I started on superstrats and actually didn't like PRS as I was a bolt on guy....which btw the CE 22 is IMO one of the best ever made and would love to see yours....the weight...shorter scale and ergonomics got me hooked and I'm not goin back....welcome and enjoy your excellent instruments !

OP like you a 30 year player who discovered PRS through the Mira in 2013 and now I have 6...all USA except 1 SE that I gig with and love....I started on superstrats and actually didn't like PRS as I was a bolt on guy....which btw the CE 22 is IMO one of the best ever made and would love to see yours....the weight...shorter scale and ergonomics got me hooked and I'm not goin back....welcome and enjoy your excellent instruments !
thanks! Yes, I do love the CE. It's funny, I rotate my guitars each week and play it all week. And every time, I say "whoa, I love this guitar!" So basically it's like I get a new guitar every month.

FpAAJzj.jpg

Nice collection, and welcome to another Kemperite!
Thank you! Yes I am new to the amp/effects world but I am loving this thing and have been studying amps, cabs, effects. It’s really hard to find a basics tutorial on the Kemper. I’ve been through the tutorials on the Kemper page and am reading the Manual.

Thank you! Yes I am new to the amp/effects world but I am loving this thing and have been studying amps, cabs, effects. It’s really hard to find a basics tutorial on the Kemper. I’ve been through the tutorials on the Kemper page and am reading the Manual.
This one's super basic... starts around 2:15

I’ve actually watched that one too. I subscribe to that channel. The more I learn the more I realize there is more to learn.

Back