Greatest variation with Pickups?

Geden

Without started a debate (haha), what do you think would be the largest variation in pickup configuration when building a custom shop? I am starting to think along the lines of 1 single coil (maybe alnico V's?), 1 humbucker, and 1......??? I would love to hear the community's opinion! Thanks all

Does anyone actually in-person experience with the new TCI pickups? I watched all the NAMM videos that claim it allows for true single-coil sound when split but I am still very skeptical....I would just think that it is safer to put an actual single-coil and a humbucker on the same guitar....More input for the community would be great. I am slowly putting together a dream guitar for ordering in the next year....I know there is a really long wait time for custom shop...

For what you are asking I would look at the Brett Mason it has the Narrow 408s and a 305 single coil in the center.
That said I have a 513 , 408 , DC3, and a Brushstroke 24 ( 24 fret Pauls guitar with a trem ) all have different feel to there single coil sounds and all are killer in there own way, its hard to say what YOU call a true single coil sound and which wood , scale , pickup combo would be your dream.

Back