Greatest variation with Pickups?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geden, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Geden

Geden New Member

Without started a debate (haha), what do you think would be the largest variation in pickup configuration when building a custom shop? I am starting to think along the lines of 1 single coil (maybe alnico V's?), 1 humbucker, and 1......??? I would love to hear the community's opinion! Thanks all

2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I'd say the 509 or the new 408 TCI pickups and switching.

Geden, Rusty Chos and Glide-bpm like this.
  3. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Yeah, look at Paul’s Guitar, Mayer’s Super Eagle, and the 509. Those all cover wide territory.

Geden and Rusty Chos like this.
  4. Rusty Chos

Rusty Chos Don’t mean a thang if it don’t twang

P-90

matt3310 and Geden like this.
  5. Geden

Geden New Member

Does anyone actually in-person experience with the new TCI pickups? I watched all the NAMM videos that claim it allows for true single-coil sound when split but I am still very skeptical....I would just think that it is safer to put an actual single-coil and a humbucker on the same guitar....More input for the community would be great. I am slowly putting together a dream guitar for ordering in the next year....I know there is a really long wait time for custom shop...

6. Rider1260

Rider1260 New Member

For what you are asking I would look at the Brett Mason it has the Narrow 408s and a 305 single coil in the center.
    That said I have a 513 , 408 , DC3, and a Brushstroke 24 ( 24 fret Pauls guitar with a trem ) all have different feel to there single coil sounds and all are killer in there own way, its hard to say what YOU call a true single coil sound and which wood , scale , pickup combo would be your dream.