Gravity...

Tough one. I've taken a couple of shots at that space. My '99 SAS let me set that goal aside for a while. Then I put 3 NF in a CU platform with a maple neck and a light body, which I went with for a bit more. Then I got a good Strat and it is a bit of a different beast - its strength really showed up for me playing it through the MDT.

I feel like the BM should cover that space, but I've never tried it.

Going out on a limb here but how about a SAS with Lace sensors. Neck would be the blue and gold sensor hum bucker splittable. Gold and gold in the bridge and leave the current pickup in the middle. In both cases you would get a PAF sound with the splits being 57 style single coils. You just may want to put a single Silver for some sizzle.

You want a PRS without the fore arm curve and single coils.... Put Mississippi Queens in a Mira.

Tough one. I've taken a couple of shots at that space. My '99 SAS let me set that goal aside for a while. Then I put 3 NF in a CU platform with a maple neck and a light body, which I went with for a bit more. Then I got a good Strat and it is a bit of a different beast - its strength really showed up for me playing it through the MDT.

I feel like the BM should cover that space, but I've never tried it.
I have an NF3 with maple neck and a Strat - At least in my opinion, they are 2 different sounding guitars - but I like them both

How about this? Talk to a builder like Bill Asher or John Suhr about the sound in your head, the scale, the neck carve, the body shape, contours, wood choices, etc. That is what I did when I was chasing a specific feel and sound that had elements of Strat/P90 and lipstick pickups.

This is what Bill Asher built me, and it is exactly what I wanted. .

Yeah, maybe brother Dane.

Give this song a listen (one of my all time favorite live performances) and dig how the Strat and Duesenberg sound together. It's freaking magic.

I suppose a set of Phat Cat pickups in a CU24 might be worth a dance. Hmmmm...

That was great! I have a strat with those pickups and it has a great sound. I am thinking a TV Jones Plus that is splittable (no volume drop is a MUST) would get you there. Or even a Jones in the bridge, the middle strat pup, and splittable Jones neck pup. All of that in an older SAS would surely get you in the territory. IMHO.

I don't think 'gravity' is what you mean here. You know pickups work on magnetism. Gravity is what brings you to your knees when I'm around.

No, wait, that's my animal magnetism.

200w.gif

Anyway...can't remember if you've said you ever tried a CU22 Soapy (I know it's already been suggested). It's got the longer scale. But P90s might not suit the single-coil sound you're searching for. It's definitely a different beast than the 513 - I wouldn't consider them interchangeable.

Hans I know you're a PRS guy but take a look at Don Grosh for inspiration. I think he makes great strats. I have a Bent top custom hog body, maple top and hog neck with Fralin HSS 'cause I wanted a warmer sound than a regular strat, but I"ve heard alder bodied strats that are incredible. And his Electrajets just might float your boat.

I think I'll try a Korina McCarty with P90's.

Now the question is, "can I pry the one I want from its owner?".

Sounds like a PS build is in order, my man. Or a big PTC project. I know you're not wanting bling though. Is there 25.5" scale bolt on neck that could be made for a SAS body? Have the Hans mod done on the body. Fill in any pickup cavities to accomodate whatever PU combo you want in there.

Back