Grateful Dead all day

So 16 hours is about, what 5 s...nope. Not this old gag again!:p:D

Amazing how much of the DeadCo audience think it's Mayer and Company.
Honestly, for the past few years it has been "and Company" doing the work...Bobby's tempos are killing the set, Billy is ok and I'm still not sure what Mickey does with those mallets. John, Jeff and Oteil are driving the train now.

this from a friend:

BTW, that DeadCo show last night was something. I think I’ve seen them about four times. Mayer finally GETS that he is the most blessed and luckiest person on the planet to get to play this music. SUPPOSEDLY, years ago at his ranch in Montana, the public radio did a GD set. For whatever reason, never a Deadhead, when he heard Althea, he thought, “This is the greatest fucking music I have ever heard!”

Oteil’s face always reveals that he knows he won the lottery.

Chimenti is Mr. Solid. He’s like a great utility infielder - You don’t notice him unless he’s hurt, and then you realize that the team sucks without him.

Last Dead & Co tour dates announced. No shows for me in Michigan, but was just talking with the wife about a road trip to the Chicago shows.

I've been a fan since they were the Warlocks having grown up in Palo Alto where they started out. Jerry and Bobby worked at the local music store , who would have guessed at what was to come. I was at the Warfield shows too ...EPIC, and in the Touch of Grey vid from Laguna Seca. Our Maid of Honor worked on their sound crew .

Last edited:
I've been a fan since they were the Warlocks having grown up in Palo Alto where they started out. Jerry and Bobby worked at the local music store , who would have guessed at what was to come. I was at the Warfield shows too ...EPIC, and in the Touch of Grey vid from Laguna Seca. Our Maid of Honor worked on their sound crew .
How cool to have been at the ground floor of this era of rock and roll history!

I'm planning on the Fenway show. Will be 2 days shy of 38 years since my first Dead show.
Nice! I can admit to really digging into the Dead over the 2 years or so, after seeing Dead and Co last summer. I didn't get it, maybe it was beyond my musical grasp, but finally seeing this incarnation of it brought the songs to life and I found myself needing more and more of it. So I love seeing people who've had the experience and this history with them for all these years.

Nice! I can admit to really digging into the Dead over the 2 years or so, after seeing Dead and Co last summer. I didn't get it, maybe it was beyond my musical grasp, but finally seeing this incarnation of it brought the songs to life and I found myself needing more and more of it. So I love seeing people who've had the experience and this history with them for all these years.

Enjoy the trip. There's a lifetime of stuff to dig into, and I think it is great that this music is still being performed out there at a high level by a variety of sources so that folks like you can at least get a taste of what it's all about. Because like the bumper sticker says, there's nothing like a Grateful Dead show...

Enjoy the trip. There's a lifetime of stuff to dig into, and I think it is great that this music is still being performed out there at a high level by a variety of sources so that folks like you can at least get a taste of what it's all about. Because like the bumper sticker says, there's nothing like a Grateful Dead show...
I think that's what so alluring about it, in addition to the tunes, there's the history, the culture, and the obviously ever changing variations of songs and the amazingly documented and curated archives! So fun, and so much still to hear!

Back