GOV'T MULE UP CLOSE

11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
As Kerry posted earlier, we got the rare opportunity to see Gov't Mule, and the blues master, Warren Haynes, up very close. They played four of their songs off their new album at Indy Guitar Center last night. They were freakin' awesome!
Sometimes I admit to being intimidated around guitar shredders. Then I see a guitarist like Warren Haynes and realize it's more about phrasing, spacing, bends, tone, and taste.............and ol' Warren has that dept nailed.

Here are some photos from last night including a few with Warren and his PRS baritone SE.

I didn't realize that Doug F'n Diamond was the bassist in Gov't Mule until last night. :biggrin:

Matt Abts. What a great "in the pocket" drummer:

I asked Danny Louis what he considered his primary instrument (since he handles both keys and guitar in this band), and he answered, "I majored in trumpet at college."

Last edited:
Were we close? Uh..............................yeah

Warren's amazing hands:

Warren's pedal board:

I just might have mentioned something to Warren's guitar tech about a certain guitar forum: :flute:

Last edited:
Can you send me the shot with the Deluxe in the background? I'm curious how he had that setup. It sounded like warm brown sugar. Yum!

Did Sergio take these pictures?
BWAHAHAH!!!!!!!:spitcoffee:

BTW, here's my perspective of that show. Steve is in the ball cap right in front of Warren.
mule.jpg

Last edited:
I admit it. I'm a groupie.

......but apparently, not a very smart one................................I forgot to take the plastic off the pickguard. :dontknow::vroam:

Last edited:
Very cool! I'm just upset that I did'nt here about it and missed the whole thing!! It was right down the street from me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the cool pics! :rock: Love the very first one. When push comes to shove, and you want an amp you can depend on for a great tone, just grab a BF Fender!!Priceless!!..... I like that baritone guitar too. I have wanted to try one since I first heard Wes using one on an album 30 years ago.

Back