Gotta love her...

Parralax view

So I get her a nice bracelet for V day, card, all the trimmings etc. She shows it off on facebook and gets the oohs and ahhs and "he's a keeper" stuff. So to be funny, I post in the same thread, "now, about that PRS Custom 24 Guitar" ...with smileys and all to indicate it's just a joke.

Last night she brings out her kindle and is showing me all sorts of SE custom 24 with trem guitars.. Which one?? I like that faded green one (Trampas). I said, darlin, it was just a joke.. "but look at that thing it's beautiful"!!

Yeah, but you were complaining about the Squier Thinline tele I was mentioning the other day for 300 bucks!!...Now, she has me sweating for something in Trampas....

Having a loved one who fully understands your passion (music, cars, computers, whatever it may be) and embraces it by your side is a blessing beyond words. I truly hope everybody can experience this feeling on one level or another. Also, on the flip side of that, embrace the passions of your loved ones. ;)

Having a loved one who fully understands your passion (music, cars, computers, whatever it may be) and embraces it by your side is a blessing beyond words. I truly hope everybody can experience this feeling on one level or another. Also, on the flip side of that, embrace the passions of your loved ones. ;)

My wife was my biggest fan, but she’d caught my act enough times that she didn’t follow me around to every gig, especially as we aged. She’d get angry if she thought I was being exploited though.

We gave each other space to have our own lives, friends, and activities. We were a team and shared many things. She was much more into horses than I. So though I rode with her a few times I was grateful when the children took over those duties.

She definitely understood it when I discovered a beat up L5 that I figured I could save, and let me!

When the Mazda Miata came out and I started seeing them around I said, “Be cool to have one of those.”
She said, “Really?”
“Yeah,” I replied, “For about one day! Wouldn’t want to live with one as my daily driver though.”

On my 42nd birthday she took me over to the airport and surprise rented us one, for a day!
Pretty cool.

Last edited:

I'm not going to sew or make lei's.....;-)

I'm not going to make lei's.....;-)

Eh Brah, making da Lei's not juss for da wahine.

q9HKjbJ.jpg

It's good when they surprise you like that! The one that usually gets me is when I hear "you've been looking at that one for weeks. Just buy it already!"
Very similar here...put one on hold two days ago to try and sell one I don't play much and she oh just buy it already instead of waiting...sometimes the surprise is nice!!

We went to breakfast yesterday morning at the local joint. Across the street is the "Easy Music Center", the local chain. Due to rail construction, very arduous maneuvering around to get into the parking and the most assuredly lost sales revenue, they are closing and had a big sign up."Closing sale". We were walking back to my car slowly as she was having a smoke and I don't let her smoke in my car..."You better get over there today to see if they have anything good left to get", Nah, I don't need anything and really don't want anything. "Ok, But you'll be sorry"...It's like she is willing me to buy an instrument.

Back