Gotta Ask...What Are Your Resolutions?

Yeah, I was deeply misunderstood in college as well. I was there for one reason, to play basketball! Well, and 1A- COLLEGE GIRLS! I didn't know they'd actually expect me to spend hours studying or I couldn't breeze through with all A's and B's like I did in high school. Talk about culture shock.

Um, you know my humor was somewhat tongue-in-cheek back then, as it would seem, today. My problem back in college was I was carrying a heavy course load, far to strenuous for my mind. It didn't cause me to overthink too much, but indeed, in principle, prevented me from thinking clearly. I detested trying to figure things out, especially when it seemed like my college buddies were playing it really close to the chest and not sharing what they knew.

There were times when my closest friends would walk into my room see me studying there and realize we were all experiencing a rough time. They'd ask, "Need a break?" and we'd go grab some tea or a PBJ or cream-cheese and J sandwiches from the kitchen. Those days were long gone, but they helped me appreciate the value of good study habits and friends who helped me through college days.

There were times when my closest friends would walk into my room see me studying there and realize we were all experiencing a rough time. They'd ask, "Need a break?" and we'd go grab some tea or a PBJ or cream-cheese and J sandwiches from the kitchen. Those days were long gone, but they helped me appreciate the value of good study habits and friends who helped me through college days.

o_O:eek::confused:o_O:confused: Wow, you sure as heck didn't go to college where I did. Or, even any normal one that I've ever heard about. Are you sure this was "college?" Like real college? Tea, PBJ and cream cheese sandwhiches were not the normal "break" substances where I went. :cool::cool:

Wow, you sure as heck didn't go to college where I did. Or, even any normal one that I've ever heard about. Are you sure this was "college?" Like real college? Tea, PBJ and cream cheese sandwiches were not the normal "break" substances where I went.

Nor was ours. We were given a gift card at the beginning of junior semester for $50 that I THOUGHT would be replenished each semester, but no, it was only for incoming main campus students...that gift card went towards huge hoagie or hero sandwiches the filled our stomachs and contributed to the first semester 15 lb weight gain most of us experienced.

My reality was me sitting with a calendar on the wall, and me marking the calendar on days that were important ones...we all had full schedules that needed attending to, and there wasn't much time for college "dating," compared to your campus...I also sat with a large pile of documents that either needing printing or copying...this was college, and very much real...

Mines to make more animal friends from the forest, start a hybrid worm farm in my garage, and talk to a psychiatrist about staring at pretty womens feet. Oh, and maybe less tootsie rolls and more asparagus in the diet. I lead a normal life.

Mines to make more animal friends from the forest, start a hybrid worm farm in my garage, and talk to a psychiatrist about staring at pretty womens feet. Oh, and maybe less tootsie rolls and more asparagus in the diet. I lead a normal life.

You've got some good ones there. Most of the local forest creatures are skittish of humans, but we often see red foxes and bears roam the apartment complex foraging for food. The birds, squirrels and chipmunks are a given, but hardly anyone pays attention to these. Seldom, a raccoon, or a possum. And our neighbors with whom we crack jokes. One occasion last year we had Xmas carolers singing "Jingle Bells" and such. I had said to them I didn't wish to be a burden, but could you sing to the guy who lost his wife the previous fall? He needed his spirits lifted, not so much me. It was not by coincidence I referred to "being a burden."

Worm farm for the garden next year, or as a profitable venture? (Uncle Jim's Worm Farm.com is your current competition; my garden receives a bagful of his nightcrawlers each spring)

Regards the feet, if you're not cutting out paper dolls yet, you're relatively healthy. I'd stop short and suggest you not buy women's shoes. That might be a tad freaky.

And regards candy, my suggestion to you is to simply sit back with a cold drink on a hot day, and watch the sweat bead from the cold glass. A wise man once described that as what he enjoyed most in life, and I've taken that as one of my personal mantras myself. Not only is it poetic, it sums up my evening after a day's work.

Gotta find skinny asparagus. The thick stuff is like chewing a pencil. Enjoy your evening!

You've got some good ones there. Most of the local forest creatures are skittish of humans, but we often see red foxes and bears roam the apartment complex foraging for food. The birds, squirrels and chipmunks are a given, but hardly anyone pays attention to these. Seldom, a raccoon, or a possum. And our neighbors with whom we crack jokes. One occasion last year we had Xmas carolers singing "Jingle Bells" and such. I had said to them I didn't wish to be a burden, but could you sing to the guy who lost his wife the previous fall? He needed his spirits lifted, not so much me. It was not by coincidence I referred to "being a burden."

Worm farm for the garden next year, or as a profitable venture? (Uncle Jim's Worm Farm.com is your current competition; my garden receives a bagful of his nightcrawlers each spring)

Regards the feet, if you're not cutting out paper dolls yet, you're relatively healthy. I'd stop short and suggest you not buy women's shoes. That might be a tad freaky.

And regards candy, my suggestion to you is to simply sit back with a cold drink on a hot day, and watch the sweat bead from the cold glass. A wise man once described that as what he enjoyed most in life, and I've taken that as one of my personal mantras myself. Not only is it poetic, it sums up my evening after a day's work.

Gotta find skinny asparagus. The thick stuff is like chewing a pencil. Enjoy your evening!

lol. Agree on a lot of things in your remark. In fact I used to make my own home brew at the house. It was fun bottling up some good beer. I never did go far enough to make my own labels though.

All sounded good until the “feet.” Man, I don’t know how I became the second coming of “Ask Bodia” but... you are definitely in need of some direction... at least of where you need to point your eyes! :D

All sounded good until the “feet.” Man, I don’t know how I because the second coming of “Ask Bodia” but... you are definitely in need of some direction... at least of where you need to point your eyes! :D
And to think some guys like ears too, what the heck lol. Ears don't have those sexeee curves :)

lol. Agree on a lot of things in your remark. In fact I used to make my own home brew at the house. It was fun bottling up some good beer. I never did go far enough to make my own labels though.

Remind me to save a drumstick for you, if you happen to visit Connecticut towards the 4th week of November. It’s either that or a big honkin’ slice of 6-layer lasagna, have not written out my menu yet...

Remind me to save a drumstick for you, if you happen to visit Connecticut towards the 4th week of November. It’s either that or a big honkin’ slice of 6-layer lasagna, have not written out my menu yet...
Oh man, has to be number 2. Lasagna rocks the world.

Oh man, has to be number 2. Lasagna rocks the world.

Well, like many of us, I've kept busy doing what needs to be done. The lasagna was, in my initial post, something I'd hoped to see less of this year, but doncha know the powers that be have recently supplied me with several 3 lb. bags of shredded mozzarella. (Since I don't do pizza, what the heck am I going to do with 3 lb. of mozzarella?) Lasagna works. Only thing I need to put in a request for is quart-sized whole milk ricotta. (That would make the entire process so much easier...)

TBH, some men are more modest than others, and refer to "feet" rather than "breasts." Feet are at the extremity of legs, the others covers the heart. Both men and women need their feet to walk, and their "chests" for cardiopulmonary functions. If we were unable to walk or hear our own heartbeats after we turn out the light at night, that wouldn't really contribute to the quality (or our existence) of life.

There are some men who enjoy looking at women's good-looking feet because that is less threatening to women than men who gawk at their breasts. (Ask me how I know ;))

However, am not a fan about old ladies who wear socks, but that's part of my life each day and can't avoid it. In fact, that's how even I'm dressed just now. Sweat shirt and sweatpants with socks. (Not living in an upscale young singles complex, but merely in senior housing with nary a good-looking gal outside of caregivers who visit.) It doesn't matter. At this time of night I'm cutting out grocery coupons with scissors and thanking the good Lord for being allowed to live each day. The other women in this complex are either knitting, surfing late night TV with a cuppa tea and some biscuits, or wearing their muu-muu nightgowns just before heading to bed.

Me, slice o' pie, tea, finishing the lager and cleaning up the kitchen. See you folks in the AM.

CP, I say this in love... have you been dipping into the whacky tabaccy again?
upinsmoke-cheech-joint.jpg

CP, I say this in love... have you been dipping into the whacky tabaccy again?
upinsmoke-cheech-joint.jpg

Nope. I don't smoke or do recreational substances, other than the regular 1 beer or half glass of wine. I DO identify with folks who do, though, and have a little fun with them. BTW, that's one heck of a doobie Cheech has there. Hope it tastes better than old socks. :D

The truth is, some of our local folks have supplied us with some produce and dairy. Part of the dairy includes a huge bag of mozzarella. What to do? Either make pizza (which I don't do) or lasagna. How many of us like pizza? (I can't; my BP goes through the roof with pizza because of the sodium) Lasagna is my next safest alternative.

FTR, I've nothing to hide regards mozzarella. Anyone who asks (especially Officer Friendly) can visit and inspect my place for evidence of recreational substances. I've only the prescription meds for BP and some other stuff, and maybe Friday, some more mozzarella.

Last edited:
FTR, I've nothing to hide regards mozzarella. Anyone who asks (especially Officer Friendly) can visit and inspect my place for evidence of recreational substances.

Uh, you can call him Office Friendly if you want, but his name is Sargent Stedenko: Code name "Lard ass"

Uh, you can call him Office Friendly if you want, but his name is Sargent Stedenko: Code name "Lard ass"

I've nothing but respect for the authorities, and strive to obey the law. Nowhere does it say you can't have fun with folks who partake, or key in on things partakers identify with. (Like keys, for example...)

Well, like many of us, I've kept busy doing what needs to be done. The lasagna was, in my initial post, something I'd hoped to see less of this year, but doncha know the powers that be have recently supplied me with several 3 lb. bags of shredded mozzarella. (Since I don't do pizza, what the heck am I going to do with 3 lb. of mozzarella?) Lasagna works. Only thing I need to put in a request for is quart-sized whole milk ricotta. (That would make the entire process so much easier...)
Try this version, and thank me later!

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/scruffy-aubergine-lasagne/

I've nothing but respect for the authorities, and strive to obey the law. Nowhere does it say you can't have fun with folks who partake, or key in on things partakers identify with. (Like keys, for example...)

(mental imagery floating through my head, of CP tying his keys on a string, throwing them on the floor in front of his stoner buddies, then yanking them away as they reach for them. You know, like the trick you do with cats and the string. Hilarity ensues, as CP and his homies share a big laugh. Joints are passed. Tokes are taken. CP starts talking about food again, like burners do... The end). (Oh wait. CP's nickname gets changed to "BB" for "Burner Bob :cool:". Now, the end) :p:p

Thanks, Jamie is part of my YT subscription feed, so, am familiar with his recipes...

(mental imagery floating through my head, of CP tying his keys on a string, throwing them on the floor in front of his stoner buddies, then yanking them away as they reach for them. You know, like the trick you do with cats and the string. Hilarity ensues, as CP and his homies share a big laugh. Joints are passed. Tokes are taken. CP starts talking about food again, like burners do... The end). (Oh wait. CP's nickname gets changed to "BB" for "Burner Bob :cool:". Now, the end) :p:p

Actually, it was cool & windy yesterday when I walked to the grocers, so I needed a hat. (It wasn't a cheesehead hat, only a watch cap). The clerk whenever I'm wearing a cap asks, "Do you need a bag?" The other clerks stifle chuckles. Am all too familiar with this. I usually respond by saying, "Going home to prepare dinner. Enjoy your evening, kids." I've never harmed these kids nor threatened them, just asked them when their next bread delivery is. :Do_O

Actually, it was cool & windy yesterday when I walked to the grocers, so I needed a hat. (It wasn't a cheesehead hat, only a watch cap). The clerk whenever I'm wearing a cap asks, "Do you need a bag?" The other clerks stifle chuckles. Am all too familiar with this. I usually respond by saying, "Going home to prepare dinner. Enjoy your evening, kids." I've never harmed these kids nor threatened them, just asked them when their next bread delivery is.

best-cannabis-related-movies.jpg

Far out, man

Back