Gotta Ask...What Are Your Resolutions?

My new year's resolution is really low at 144p.

That aside, one of my gear resolutions has been resolved just in time for the new year. I always liked the older red finishes that PRS stopped providing for the core models, and I was able to get one that was pretty well cared for over the years:

I’m stealing yours! In addition, I want less clutter in my life.

I think that actually falls in the category of "keeping clean"...less clutter, improved immediate environment, nicer surroundings...who we are at home sometimes describes who we are ourselves...hope this is taken the correct way...not the "neat freak" description, just cleaner and better organized...

My new year's resolution is really low at 144p.

That aside, one of my gear resolutions has been resolved just in time for the new year. I always liked the older red finishes that PRS stopped providing for the core models, and I was able to get one that was pretty well cared for over the years:
Rats... beat me by 9 minutes... That'll teach me!
Nah... prolly not...

I don't really make resolutions. I just try to be a little bit nicer, a little bit more generous and a little bit more tolerant.
And I want to spend more time with my friends.

VB,

Yours are good ones socially. I think I needed to work on what I do personally (inwardly) and then consider socially. That way, what people see on the surface is also what's underneath. It might bother me conscience-wise if one or the other were not true. (Yeah, it's deep, but that's the concept...)

I don't really make resolutions. I just try to be a little bit nicer, a little bit more generous and a little bit more tolerant.
And I want to spend more time with my friends.

I’m stealing yours! In addition, I want less clutter in my life.

These, and trying to get better at seeing things from the other person's viewpoint.

No resolutions though.
All I can do is try.

These, and trying to get better at seeing things from the other person's viewpoint.

No resolutions though.
All I can do is try.

Dave (@dmatthews) is a fellow I could understand because of our past conversations, and his family. I share a commonality with Dave's wife; we both studied geology in college, Dave's wife moving on to a good career; me, remembering only some useful knowledge that helps me identify with the natural world, and my local town...and understanding Dave...

Dave (@dmatthews) is a fellow I could understand because of our past conversations, and his family. I share a commonality with Dave's wife; we both studied geology in college, Dave's wife moving on to a good career; me, remembering only some useful knowledge that helps me identify with the natural world, and my local town...and understanding Dave...
Methinks you have me confused with another Dave Matthews.
My ex wife has always worked for a family lawyer. You can imagine my trepidation when she wanted to divorce.
Happily I kicked her boss/lawyer's butt in court and happily maintained 50% custody of my son.
That was a precedent setting case BTW.

Methinks you have me confused with another Dave Matthews.
My ex wife has always worked for a family lawyer. You can imagine my trepidation when she wanted to divorce.
Happily I kicked her boss/lawyer's butt in court and happily maintained 50% custody of my son.
That was a precedent setting case BTW.

Hmm. Perhaps it was someone else from a previous forum...how's the little guy (not so little anymore, I'd guess) these days? He sounds like a little pistol...;)

My resolutions are short... just for January. We'll see how it goes if I get that far.

Leaving the coffee alone for a month, just because. I was going to swear off buying other guitars, but I am consolidating my collection (selling many good guitars to buy a fewer number of great ones) so that ain't happening. Other than that, better time management and less waste. Time... can't get it back.

My resolution is to declutter my house. The older I get the more I realize how little stuff I actually need or use. My plan is to simply list stuff on the local buy, sell trade site as free and suggest that if one is so inclined to make some contribution to the local volunteer fire department. No strings, just a suggestion.

My resolution is to declutter my house. The older I get the more I realize how little stuff I actually need or use. My plan is to simply list stuff on the local buy, sell trade site as free and suggest that if one is so inclined to make some contribution to the local volunteer fire department. No strings, just a suggestion.
I am so on board with this. We use Goodwill because prior to Trump’s tax break, it was a good write off. Last year, we took the standard deduction since it went up to $24k. Still, lots of stuff went to Goodwill this year.

Back