Got my new Satin S2, but it is in a color that is not listed on the website.

GuitarJammin

Guitar Player
So i just got my new S2 satin at a guitar center, after playing it, i couldn't help but buy it. Now i had heard of them but not looked them up
or anything. This one is a cherry burst or so it seems, but i don't see it as a color that is offered. I've seen others with the zebra pickups though as i've been
trying to see if this is a common finish or not. Wish i could find out the story of why this guitar is finished different.....maybe they ran out of Cherry stain when they got to
this one....lol. If anyone has any idea or info I'd really like to know

Anyway i was very impressed with the guitar! Definitely play one once you get a chance to! I was looking for a SE to have around when i have other fellow musicians over. Then I saw that S2 and at the price there was only one choice! Here is a pic of it next to my Artist, and Floyd model! :biggrin:

12314111_10206975910891209_3803313378457673987_n.jpg

I heard GC got some unique color options -- perhaps that's it?

I have an SE Custom 24 amethyst burst -- I didn't know they came burst, I have the only one I've seen, but I haven't looked real hard otherwise. Maybe they just have "whimsical Wednesdays" over at World (the company that makes the SEs).

Oh, wow, that looks NICE!!

This proves that the S2 design needs to be recognized on it's own merit - too many people compare it to the core models IMO :)

Looks super hot. Really dig the zebras on it! Congrats!

I've got a "not listed on the web site" guitar. My 97 Custom 22 is flamed natural maple top. They never showed that on the web site as an available color. I talked to someone a couple years after I got it with a question about the trem, and when he asked for the serial number, he said "oh that's one of those really cool natural maple ones, no stain." He said "I remember that guitar and we all really liked it here." Made me feel pretty good. He actually told me how many they made, and it wasn't many, but I can't remember.

Congrats on the new guitar. Hope you really love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I really like those. I heard a rumor that after the 1st of the year, vela and mira might be availavle in the satin nitro finish. Fingers crossed!

Back