Got my new CE24! Beautiful, but................

Get this! I replied saying that I would like to return it. His reply was...

Ok...If that's what you feel you need to do, no problem.
Simply ship it back to us at:
The Music Farm
4900 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, OH 44718
Attn: Returns
Be sure to insure it for the full amount you paid.

Should I be responsible for shipping AND INSURANCE??????? I am so pissed.

And of course if it arrives with more scratches they’ll claim you did that too and try to reduce the refund o_O Sounds stressful

As others have said you’ll make your own scratches over time. I get wanting mint and respect your choice.

Holy hell, I am furious. This is a squeeze play to make me take the partial refund. I'm actually shaking.

Holy hell, I am furious. This is a squeeze play to make me take the partial refund. I'm actually shaking.

Did you buy it direct from the shop, or through Reverb or similar? If it was Reverb you could open a case that it wasn't as described...

I was thinking about that too. If I went through Reverb I sure could have opened a case. But nope. I bought it through their website. I am screwed, right?

Website claims hassle free returns for 2 weeks as long as it wasn’t purchased thru affirm credit. Never claim to pay for return shipping. Did they mention the 15% restock fee :confused:

No. I didn't get it through Affirm and they didn't mention anything about a restocking fee. I'm just going to tell them that they win. I'll just take the partial refund (which doesn't make the scratches go away) and deal with it. I'll also tell them to remove their d**k from my ___ because they successfully screwed me. You guys may think I'm a whiny ***** but I really wanted my first PRS to be perfect. Oh well. Life is a ***** and then you get screwed by The Music Farm.

No. I didn't get it through Affirm and they didn't mention anything about a restocking fee. I'm just going to tell them that they win. I'll just take the partial refund (which doesn't make the scratches go away) and deal with it. I'll also tell them to remove their d**k from my ___ because they successfully screwed me. You guys may think I'm a whiny ***** but I really wanted my first PRS to be perfect. Oh well. Life is a ***** and then you get screwed by The Music Farm.

Nope, don't think you're whiny and you had every right to expect a new guitar to be mint.

You could also mention the hit they are taking on internet forums like this in terms of their reputation. I’ve had disappointments that have been made right by the retailer and have sung their praises publicly as square dealers. You aren’t asking for anything unreasonable, but if they treat you like you are, they should know the word about that is getting out.

How would you tell them? Just straight up tell them that I'm going to unleash hell on forums and yelp? In so many words. Hmmm. How would you word it?

How would you tell them? Just straight up tell them that I'm going to unleash hell on forums and yelp? In so many words. Hmmm. How would you word it?

I'd probably wait until I had the refunded portion in hand, and then I rather like telling them you'll unleash hell. Good wording. I dig it.

Hell yeah. I will definitely wait for the refund. Then I am going to say something like this: I am not a vindictive person but not only is this unfair business practices, this is ultimately a defamation of my character by insinuating that I caused damage to the guitar. This has been very stressful when it should have been a wonderful experience. Aside from spreading the word about The Music Farm on multiple forums, I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, and the IC3. I'm a big fan of social media too. I don't want anyone to experience the hell that you have put me through.

841.png

threaten the power of Karens.

All kidding aside: please don't forget to enjoy the guitar. A CE is killer. I would advise against the defamation portion of your statement since this hardly defamation when they did not make this public and it will not impact your reputation to buy another guitar elsewhere. I agree that its absolute terrible the way they have gone about this. Such a bummer for you.

this is ultimately a defamation of my character by insinuating that I caused damage to the guitar.
It is only a defamation of character if they go on the internet dragging your name through the mud. There is no problem with the way you feel about your situation, but it isn’t cool to name the company and make them out to be jerks (which they may be). I appreciate your desire to expose the poor customer service, but this isn’t the place.

Get this! I replied saying that I would like to return it. His reply was...

Ok...If that's what you feel you need to do, no problem.
Simply ship it back to us at:
The Music Farm
4900 Whipple Ave NW
Canton, OH 44718
Attn: Returns
Be sure to insure it for the full amount you paid.

Should I be responsible for shipping AND INSURANCE??????? I am so pissed.

I'm an easy going guy and as you can tell from my posts scratches aren't something that bothers me more than what a discount could remedy. I agree fully the false representation is the kicker. Now to expect you to pay return shipping on top of that. No way! I'd call your CC and file a dispute. Your CC company is typically on your side. You'll get your money back and if they want the guitar they can figure out how to get it back.

Also, not sure if this was mentioned but have you tried contacting PRS? I'd rather be the pain in their butt now than afterwards.

I don't know what the law is like in the States, but here in the UK consumer law allows you to return any product that isn't as described (i.e. undisclosed damage) for a full refund including any postage costs incurred. It might be worth finding out what your rights are.
I've used that law a few times with eBay sellers that refuse to accept returned goods that weren't as described (broken) who thought they had protection by saying no returns

Well, let's try to see it from their perspective for a second...

This store is either negligent for not inspecting thoroughly the guitar before shipping and assuming it was still mint, or dishonest for knowing about it and shipping it anyways.

If it's the former then they would think you're trying to take advantage of them.

I wouldn't necessarily have bet on the latter but what I just read on Yelp makes me wonder.
There are sadly a few similar experiences to yours for online purchase, including on Reverb. Also click on the '12 other reviews that are not currently recommended' for additional reviews as well.

Last edited:
Also, not sure if this was mentioned but have you tried contacting PRS? I'd rather be the pain in their butt now than afterwards.
Not sure how it works in the US, but I don't think it is anything to do with PRS. The retailer should be solely responsible

Not sure how it works in the US, but I don't think it is anything to do with PRS. The retailer should be solely responsible

I don't really know what or if they would do anything either but you never know. Since different entities were being thrown out to file a complaint with it makes sense to me to add PRS to the list. At least they have a certain ammount of skin in the game being their product and an authorized dealer. Even if nothing comes of it I'd want to know how a company is representing my brand.

Back