Got my guitar back from the PTC... 594 lovers get in here!

BerkeleyJones

Hey gang

Relatively new member here! Longtime lurker I must admit. Ever since acquiring my McCarty 594 Soapbar, it's the only guitar I care to play; both acoustically unplugged at home, and loud and proud at gigs, it's truly a marvel of an instrument. So many nuances within those 4 controls.

I recently had the PTC add a middle narrowfield humbucker and wanted to share the before and after pics. Now this guitar is a lifer :).

Feel free to share your modified guitars, or just share your own 594's for some love!

Before:
9l7a3II.jpg

5z0SaIM.jpg

After:
RodJ2Mc.jpg

FqCKnmD.jpg

Last edited:
KILLER! Way to own it, man.

We both know the Violet ones sound best. ;) Mine is slightly modified; I converted the tone controls to the Gibby 50's wiring.

T7Uv8ZGl.jpg

Thanks! I’ll try and add a clip from that theatre in the last pic. It’s a 3-way toggle.
NF off
NF alone
NF global (with neck, bridge, or both p90s)

Very cool. So which volume controls are connected?

KILLER! Way to own it, man.

We both know the Violet ones sound best. ;) Mine is slightly modified; I converted the tone controls to the Gibby 50's wiring.

T7Uv8ZGl.jpg

Very cool. So which volume controls are connected?

Beautiful guitar! I’ve been wanting to try those 58/15LT’s for some time now. I have 3 volumes and one master tone control actually!

First of all, WILD top! As many as I’ve seen, that is unique. VERY COOL!

Second, don’t know anything about you, your style, your amps, tones, or anything else, but one thing I can tell you FOR SURE. You are going to LOVE that NF middle pickup!!!! Especially for soloing. Bridge and neck are both different tones when soloing, as everyone knows. Middle is magic sauce! A different flavor that is TOTALLY cool. I just gone done playing my NF3 rigbt before this ballgame started. At the end it was Bogner ATMA on 80s voice> Mesa Thiele EM12, playing bridge for rhythm tones, middle for leads. GREAT tones.

Congrats!!!

First of all, WILD top! As many as I’ve seen, that is unique. VERY COOL!

Second, don’t know anything about you, your style, your amps, tones, or anything else, but one thing I can tell you FOR SURE. You are going to LOVE that NF middle pickup!!!! Especially for soloing. Bridge and neck are both different tones when soloing, as everyone knows. Middle is magic sauce! A different flavor that is TOTALLY cool. I just gone done playing my NF3 rigbt before this ballgame started. At the end it was Bogner ATMA on 80s voice> Mesa Thiele EM12, playing bridge for rhythm tones, middle for leads. GREAT tones.

Congrats!!!

Thank you good sir!! It took a while to grow on me but now I absolutely love the top.

I play this through two ‘59 Bassman’s (below):
https://imgur.com/a/MiIF1
https://imgur.com/a/Slf2N0S

and the style is soul, blues, rock and sometimes jazz. We are often playing festivals so I can open the amps up a bit. Lately I have been using the NF rolled way back for a clean tone but I’ll be sure to try it as a solo tone, thank you for the tip! It has a beautiful low end for a middle pickup when volume is on 10. I’ll be sure to give it a whirl. I also quite like soloing in the middle position of these two p90’s so I hear you about it having it’s own flavor!

As a fellow 594 soapy owner I am intrigued!
That looks amazing.

Nice dude! What color / top is yours? What amp do you like to push it with? I found the SD/PRS collab p90s to be high output but with good vol. cleanup - perfect for a loud and angry tube amp :mad:

Back