Got my first PRS.....

Da Billys'

Aaaand I can't put it down!

Ive been eyeing PRS for a while now, especially the Tremonti signature model, but always talked myself out of it. I mean cmon...I've been playing my 20 year old MIM strat with JB jr's and it sounds and plays so good.

Buuuut a guy had a used one for sale and I just couldnt pass it up. Traded an old Ibanez SA260FM that I barely played plus some cash and I can't believe how great this guitar feels and sounds.

It has a similar feel to my strat, but its so fast. And I can squeal anywhere on the board, where as the strat had sweet spots I found.

I feel I can literally take my playing up a few levels with this guitar....which is awesome after 15 years of playing.

Great axe PRS!

20161103_204137.jpg

I am just using standard and good ol' drop D for the most part. ( as well as Tremonti's tunings)
And I'm partial to the Ernie Ball cobalts. 42-9 gauge.

I like em a little lighter. Although I may do a hybrid next time.

Edit: I posted a link to Dropbox but no go. Can I not just upload a pic from my phone?
It's my avatar in the meantime!

Awesome! Thanks!

As for what's next? Just playing it. It's a sad yet exciting day.....the strat I've played for 15 years is taking the backseat.

Unfortunately the guy I bought it off of was a oil rigger, so he wasn't exactly gentle on it. Are there any products that actually work for taking out surface scratches? They aren't bad but it would be nice to have her all shined up like new.
Other option I guess would be a wet sand and polish?

What do you guys do?

Hello and welcome. I recently bought a well played guitar too. I am not normally so fussy but for something to do I tried a car scratch removal product by hand. All it gave me was a sweat. Think wet sand and polish must be the way to go. Tread with care.

Oil-rigger. Ha ha!

...Anyone use it with success?
I have used it a lot. works great but requires a little elbow grease. If you are like me and prefer to see the improvement as you work, the manual labor is preferred.

Nice Tremonti by the way!

Not what do you do next - which PRS are you buying next?

Because there's always a next one, no matter how much you resist!

I know......haha.

I was trying to avoid thinking about it.
This one was kind of a "happy 30th" to myself haha.

I would love to get a custom artist series made up. Maybe for my 40th haha.

Back