Got Glossy Flame Charcoal?

PRSHB2

I am now considering changing the finish of my ME1 when I send it in to have it made glossy. Lately I've had a thing for Charcoal. Not the Burst variety, just the regular version. I'd love to see some examples of Flame Tops with a Glossy Charcoal finish. If yours has faded (not sure if these are known to) please let me know. Thanks guys!!!

OK, I finally found pics of the guitar that seriously got to me. I even made one of these my desktop pic on my phone for quite awhile.

Shawn - Would it be possible to copy this finish? Supposedly it is Charcoal.

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

Pics from "mrfranklin"

Shawn - Would it be possible to copy this finish? Supposedly it is Charcoal.

Most definitely not Charcoal haha

It could be one of two PS finishes but if I was a betting man I would say it's "Electric Whipcream"?

Even if they agreed to do it your guitar would have to be "Natural" for it to work as most stains won't be removed clean enough to have that finish as a redo.

You have to keep in mind that this is an exceptional piece of wood, so not many guitars are going to look like this. We can certainly do a charcoal without the burst, but I can't say it's going to look as dramatic as this.

Most definitely not Charcoal haha

It could be one of two PS finishes but if I was a betting man I would say it's "Electric Whipcream"?

Even if they agreed to do it your guitar would have to be "Natural" for it to work as most stains won't be removed clean enough to have that finish as a redo.
I've been wondering ever since I laid eyes on it, I have never in my life seen a Charcoal PRS that looked like that. If it were me I'd simply call it Zebra.

Thanks for sharing Steve. I've always loved that one!!!

That's a perfect example of what I've always thought Charcoal is. PS I assume?

Back