Got banned from TGP, have no idea why...

I stick to Craigslist rants & raves section to spew all my vitriol anyway.

Well.. I mean there and here.
That's back? I am so glad!! That's the place I used to go for political vitriol, and all other kinds too. I'm stumped why people would hate a fireworks company so much though. This is/was the Chicago CG R&R climate last time I was there!

I have experienced 3 "Un-paid vacations" courtesy of TGP. All 3 were from complaints lodged by people concerning pics or memes I posted in a huge thread there. My goal, besides trying to get people to laugh a little, was to help it be the first thread in TGP's history to hit 100,000 posts. After I served my 3rd suspension, I was out. Believe me, I have seen quite a few pics, memes, etc. in that thread that to me were/are worse than anything I ever posted, yet I wasn't offended and never felt the need to "report them."

Since that time, another thread has surpassed 100,000 posts, but the thread I reference is at 99,000.

I know "it is what it is," but sometimes "what it is" stinks a little to me.

somebody has to be the belle of the bawl, why not you?

what happened to your band with the singer?
Uhh.. Covid and babies.

It’s literally a “band of brothers” (bassist and drummer, and singer and percussionist) they’re family, so as the only outsider I don’t know what they’re doing. The singer’s wife had another kid over Covid, so I think he’s stepped back?

Uhh.. Covid and babies.

It’s literally a “band of brothers” (bassist and drummer, and singer and percussionist) they’re family, so as the only outsider I don’t know what they’re doing. The singer’s wife had another kid over Covid, so I think he’s stepped back?
that’s tough. bryan adams’ whole band also quit or got married.

good news is i don’t have any brothers.

I got kicked off TOP with style. I said something they told me I couldn't say and I told them to take the worthless, piece of xxxx forum and shove it.

Seemed to stick too.

Mike

Too many people getting offended now a days. This tip toe around everybody lifestyle is nonsense IMO. Life wasn't meant to be lived on eggshells. No matter how hard a person may try to NOT offend somebody there will always be somebody who chooses to get offended over anything and everything. I have had enough of it and refuse to cater to the Karen's. YMMV

After I got banned for telling them (including one of the no-nothing mods) to grow up and stop acting like man babies arguing like a bunch of pre-teens at the mall in 1986 about who was "moar metal" (me: an early member of one of the original death metal bands out of NY being told by some guy with a Lemmy avatar and a Helix that I "don't know what metal is") I did a bunch of digging...and that whole operation is owned by a parent corporation run by some worship band whackadoodles that owns dozens of music forums online and they feed all that data up the chains to another corp that sells user info. It's not about music, it's just data for money, so they keep the clickbait froth high.

Been banned 3 or 4 times at TGP. All were over posts that were deemed “political” even though all were very mildly satirical. I’ve found that if your political posts seem to not follow a certain narrative, they’re quick to send you on a vacation. While I’ve seen blatantly politically related posts go undisciplined. It is what it is, I suppose.

Back