Got banned from TGP, have no idea why...

Are you using a VPN? When my VPN is active, it tells me my IP address is banned. If I turn the VPN off, I can go back to browsing whether I log into my account or not.
Same here. Probably a good thing!

I got banned there earlier this month.
Notification I was banned, then a later one I was banned "with 3 points".
Is that like Double Secret Probation? (Oldsters like me may get the reference)
Never did figure out what infraction I infracted......

I got banned there earlier this month.
Notification I was banned, then a later one I was banned "with 3 points".
Is that like Double Secret Probation? (Oldsters like me may get the reference)
Never did figure out what infraction I infracted......

Did you give Neidermeyer’s horse a heart attack?

Hey! life sends you a sign my friend!

I don't want to denigrate other forums, I like guitar brands, but I'm just coming here, it's just my opinion but I find the conversations more sterile and impersonal elsewhere. I originally signed up here for technical stuff and wasn't expecting anything different. I discovered a fraternity, nice people who share a common point, music!

But there's a bit more, I guess it's like wine, with age tastes develop and maturity comes with age. Yeah that must be it here, the desire to share, not knowing who pisses the furthest.

We all have different backgrounds and a way of expressing ourselves, but we all have love for it.
it's beautiful PRS! Great!

A Brief Confession for Members

I'm from Quebec and I understand French very well, I very often find it difficult to express myself in English, let's say translate from French to English and sometimes it's confusing for you to read me and for me to understand . !

Thank you for giving me the chance to practice my English, to be forgiving.

It's always a pleasure to read you my friends!

Howie, lesson learnt. Time to move on.

We have a happy band of people here.

Who knows, sometime today we might talk about guitars ;)

Yes, I need to do a little reset here to more of a TGP mentality. This is not a social gathering of my friends, it's a gear forum to discuss gear with other people on the net. So yeah, guitars. amps and now pedals. Somebody else will need to carry the Julie Bowen flag, and occasionally remind Sergio that Dream Theater does in fact, and totally RULE! I'll try to focus on gear talk.

Yes, I need to do a little reset here to more of a TGP mentality. This is not a social gathering of my friends, it's a gear forum to discuss gear with other people on the net. So yeah, guitars. amps and now pedals. Somebody else will need to carry the Julie Bowen flag, and occasionally remind Sergio that Dream Theater does in fact, and totally RULE! I'll try to focus on gear talk.
Do me/us a favour and don't change.

Cheers,
Dave

I mean this in the nicest way possible, get your panties out of a bunch and get back to normal. :) Stop beating yourself up.

The comments here sure don't disappoint.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being a mod for the past four years.

Keeping people civil during some of the most trying times we've ever seen has been a real joy.

All while getting paid nothing to be (mentally and emotionally) away from my family.
Thank god you still have Twitter...

There's at least one mod over there - no idea which it is - who can't tell the difference between politics and socio-economics. Ask me how I know :)

Discussion of the former is banned, while the latter isn't explicitly proscribed. It's also got some empirical underpinnings, but expecting some guitarists to understand and parse real data is probably a bit of a stretch...... it's so much easier to consider empirical outcomes as "just more politics" if you don't have the fire-power to crunch the numbers yourself.

You could be on a temp ban because the mod in question is a bit dim. Just one possibility among many.

Back