Got banned from TGP, have no idea why...

Ok, serious question: When you say "no idea why," do you really mean no idea why? Or, did you say ANYTHING that ANYONE could possibly take in a way you didn't mean it, construe to something completely different than what you meant, and by doing so, get their panties in a bunch?

I've gotten in trouble here and at TGP a couple times, for using slang words to which people seem to apply their own meanings and then take issue with you for saying something that is not at all what you said or meant. You say something joking and someone applies a different meaning to a slang term you use, and gets offended.
I can honestly say, I really don't know. I recently started threads extolling the virtues of yacht rock and sophisti-pop.

I wasn't exactly working blue there...

I've gotten in trouble here and at TGP a couple times, for using slang words to which people seem to apply their own meanings and then take issue with you for saying something that is not at all what you said or meant. You say something joking and someone applies a different meaning to a slang term you use, and gets offended.

Not to mention, the TGP Massive has chased off more musicians of quality than many people here have had hot dinners.

What about Major Insults?
Well, what is a "major" insult? Do you mean "real" ones? Then nobody. But joking... That's different, and that you are only allowed to do within a certain circle. In general, you can only insult those close enough to you to KNOW that you're joking, or if you're not joking, close enough to you to "take it" without offense. The size of each indiduals circle depends on "who" they are. So some guys here can say anything to anybody. Me, I'm afraid to even jokingly jab anyone here anymore, except for just a few guys.

Well, what is a "major" insult? Do you mean "real" ones? Then nobody. But joking... That's different, and that you are only allowed to do within a certain circle. In general, you can only insult those close enough to you to KNOW that you're joking, or if you're not joking, close enough to you to "take it" without offense. The size of each indiduals circle depends on "who" they are. So some guys here can say anything to anybody. Me, I'm afraid to even jokingly jab anyone here anymore, except for just a few guys.

You can always poke fun at me and the “crayon eater”’

Once they chased off Steve Kimock, I realised that it was a place that I didn't want to belong to anymore; plus - I can get insulted by a much better class of doofus here :)

I never did know why he was banned, but several of the more real pro guys there probably get tired of people who don't know what they are talking about arguing with them. I mean, at some point, a guy like Kimock doesn't need "some guy on the internet" telling him that he's wrong when he's talking about amps or something...

p.s. I've told this here before, but I got in trouble once at TGP for doing a "friend bump" on a friends for sale ad in the Emporium. My friend, who is Jewish, listed something for sale, and his ad said "may be willing to negotiate." In my friend bump, I said "I promise you he's willing to negotiate. He's Jewish!" I posted that at like 4:45 PM, and didn't check in til the next morning and by then I was getting PM'd by a moderator that my post was offensive to Jews, etc. I went back to the thread and amended my post, and clarified that we were friends and I was joking with a friend. The mod who PMd me even knew that he and I were friends and it was a joke. Of course, most were OK with it, but of course a few weren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s. I've told this here before, but I got in trouble once at TGP for doing a "friend bump" on a friends for sale ad in the Emporium. My friend, who is Jewish, listed something for sale, and his ad said "may be willing to negotiate." In my friend bump, I said "I promise you he's willing to negotiate. He's Jewish!" I posted that at like 4:45 PM, and didn't check in til the next morning and by then I was getting PM'd by a moderator that my post was offensive to Jews, etc. I went back to the thread and amended my post, and clarified that we were friends and I was joking with a friend. The mod who PMd me even know that he and I were friends and it was a joke. Of course, most were OK with it, but of course a few weren't.
As Israel boarn, I wouldn't call it offensive. Maybe a bit stereotypical. Funny as ****, for sure

Back