Got back in the gym during quarantine

Good work danktat your killing it

What manner of beast is at the end of that rope?

I am a piece of **** who is incredibly hungover today. I was doing great with the whole not drinking anymore thing until Covid hit and there was nothing else to do.

However, I am still 6'6" 235 lbs, which is better than the 262 I was at one point.

Congrats!

After falling into a death spiral of bad habits, I'm trying to clean up my act and do the right thing. The older I get, the harder it is to keep the weight off.

Isn’t it though. I want to blame metabolism changes, but it might just be being able to afford more of the things that taste really good.

But...eating at home all of the time, I am about 2kg lighter than when we last ate out.

As to exercise, without being able to build at Habitat for Humanity, my exercise hours are way up this year: 384 year to date. Daily yoga(ish), 3x a week weights, 3-6 times a week cycling.

I'm down 25 in the last 18 months, without really trying. I mean, portion size has been the key. Last week I made a slab of ribs for dinner. A couple of years ago I would have wiped out the whole slab. Last week, the Mrs and I split a half slab! !o_O

Good work danktat your killing it

What manner of beast is at the end of that rope?
116224042_10163939164745331_7726058270162726717_o.jpg

Congrats!

After falling into a death spiral of bad habits, I'm trying to clean up my act and do the right thing. The older I get, the harder it is to keep the weight off.

If you fell into a death spiral there's no telling what I fell into...I need to live on a treadmill for the next 11 months or so with one of my PRS as a carrot on a stick.

I compare my diet and exercise to football. Pass another piece of chicken and salt, please, but don't kick me under the table if I let my table manners slide a little.

I’m a fatty. 274 when I weighed in yesterday. I found out Tuesday that I have gallstones, and will probably have my gallbladder taken out soon. Oh, joy.

The funny thing is that half my job is running two large fitness centers. Do as I say, not as I do... I’ve had them shut down since March.

I’m a fatty. 274 when I weighed in yesterday. I found out Tuesday that I have gallstones, and will probably have my gallbladder taken out soon. Oh, joy.

The funny thing is that half my job is running two large fitness centers. Do as I say, not as I do... I’ve had them shut down since March.

I’m a fat vegetarian.... I know, right?!?!

Congrats!

Well, my entire “life” has been a death spiral of bad habits, all one can do is balance them against each other and hope none of ‘em take over the ship. When I was younger it was a lot easier to counterbalance things like partying with exercise and fresh air.

Nowadays I’ll have my 500 calorie Irish coffee with heavy cream and watch myself get fat while I dream of better days. I’m still in the fight, but it’s becoming harder and harder to care about. At 60 I’m wondering when it’s officially ok to throw in the towel and stop worrying about controlling anything. I’m not entirely sure I was ever in control to begin with :)

Back