Got a cool recipe??? ........SHARE IT!

I make pie from this.
PastryByPeter.JPG

It’s about as recipe as I get. It is enough for 5 9” pie crusts.

Like guitar tone, pastry is all in the fingers. Don’t over mix. Vegans can replace lard with something vegetable. Roll out a ball about the size of both hands clasped to get a 10” crust.

I pitch whatever fruit is in the house into the crust, weave extra pastry over the top and cook it long enough: bubbling juices and browned crust, usually 45-60 minutes.

I whipped this up for the Mrs Sunday morning.

Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes.

You'll need:

1 Tomato per person. Something bigger, with a flat-ish bottom. Beefsteak or Heirloom
1 egg per tomato
Chives or green onions - chopped (you could sub parsley here instead)
2 Types of cheese.....I used mozzarella and gruyere
Mayo (I subbed horseradish sauce)
Salt & Pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400 F (I used the Traeger for the extra smoky flavor.

- Cut the top off each tomato and save for baking step
- Core out the tomato
- Put some of the chives in the bottom of each tomato
- Place one type of cheese on top of chive (a big pinch of cheese, or to your desire...I used the gruyere here)
- Crack egg and pour into tomato
- Top egg with Mayo (or horseradish sauce)
- Add salt and pepper to your preferred amount
- Top with big pinch of 2nd cheese (I used mozzarella)

- Prep cookie sheet with oil or non-stick foil
- Place reserved tomato tops cut side down on cookie sheet
- Place tomatoes on top of tomato tops (they act like a holder so your tomatoes don't fall over)
- Bake in 400 F oven for 25 minutes

Remove and top with additional chives

Enjoy!!!

I served mine with a side of thick cut bacon. The Mrs was shocked when I put that plate in front of her. She never thought I would use tomatoes like this. I have to say, they were better than I expected.

Chicken Avocado Burritos

1lb of cooked boneless chicken breast
Three strips of cooked bacon
1 cup of shredded jack cheese
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (or 2) tbsp of chopped cilantro (to taste)
1/4 cup of chopped green onion
1 peeled avocado cut into cubes
4 large flour tortillas

I've made these a lot of different ways, because it's incredibly easy.

Basically cook the chicken with whatever seasons you like. I use spicy brown mustard and cook it on the stove top with a little oil, adding water and covering it for about the last 3-5 minutes to keep it from drying out, but grilling it works just as well.

Chop up the bacon and chicken into whatever size pieces you prefer. Then, in a large bowl, you'll mix all your ingredients together.

Heat a pan on the stove to about medium-high heat...doesn't really matter what kind of pan, I use a frying pan (make sure it's clean, though.)

Laying out the four tortillas, I spread the mix evenly between them. After rolling the burritos, I put them in the hot pan, turning them so they brown evenly on the sides.

Serve them with salsa, sour cream, whatever you fancy.

These are super-easy to customize, adding or subtracting whatever you think makes a good burrito.

SIDE NOTE: The ripe-ness of the avocado is pretty important here (as with most anything when working with avocado). Finding a semi-soft (not mushy) avocado is ideal.

Last edited:
Ok, ok…. here’s one a new friend just shared with me.

Sous vide Carrots

183F @ 60 mins.

Peeled, cut into 2 inch logs. 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Pour entire contents of bag into skillet over medium heat to develop a nice glaze.

When he sent this to me he said “Seriously the most carroty tasting carrots you’ll ever have.”

My Mighty Mighty Meatball Recipe:

1 lb 90/10 Ground Beef or Ground Sirloin
1 lb Ground Pork
1 lb Ground Smoked Bacon
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Parmasean Cheese (the real stuff, not the Kraft flavored sawdust)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground pepper
half handful each of Dried Oregano and Basil
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
2 Eggs

Preheat oven to 375 Deg F
Grind uncooked Bacon and mix with Beef and Pork. Add everything else and mix thoroughly but gently. Shape meat mixture into ball shape to whatever size you feel works for you. I will make somewhere between a baseball and softball, and get 6, or slightly smaller than a tennis ball and get a dozen and a half. Bake at 375 for at least 25 minutes. The bigger ones may have to cook longer, Use a meat thermometer and check that they are at 165 F in the center. Remove from oven and serve as you like.

You could also par cook / pan fry these and then let them simmer in homemade Tomato Sauce (like mom used to make)

Homemade bread...

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk plus 2 tblsp
1 egg
2 tblsp brown sugar
2tblsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
1 cup sprouted whole wheat flour
2 1/3 cups whole wheat bread flour
2 tsp fast rise yeast

(optional shredded cheese on top)

I let a bread maker knead the dough. Takes about 1.5 hours including first rise
Then set oven at 350F and place the dough in a greased bread pan.
If choosing cheese topping then spread/press in enough shredded cheese into/onto the top of the dough.
Let it rise until even with the top of the pan.
Place in oven and bake at 350F for 30 mins.
Looks like this...

And it's freakin' delicious.

Homemade bread...

1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 tblsp brown sugar
2tblsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fast rise yeast

If choosing cheese topping then spread/press in enough shredded cheese into/onto the top of the dough.
Looks like this...

+1 for the pics.

My Mighty Mighty Meatball Recipe:

1 lb 90/10 Ground Beef or Ground Sirloin
1 lb Ground Pork
1 lb Ground Smoked Bacon
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Parmasean Cheese (the real stuff, not the Kraft flavored sawdust)
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground pepper
half handful each of Dried Oregano and Basil
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
2 Eggs

Preheat oven to 375 Deg F
Grind uncooked Bacon and mix with Beef and Pork. Add everything else and mix thoroughly but gently. Shape meat mixture into ball shape to whatever size you feel works for you. I will make somewhere between a baseball and softball, and get 6, or slightly smaller than a tennis ball and get a dozen and a half. Bake at 375 for at least 25 minutes. The bigger ones may have to cook longer, Use a meat thermometer and check that they are at 165 F in the center. Remove from oven and serve as you like.

You could also par cook / pan fry these and then let them simmer in homemade Tomato Sauce (like mom used to make)

big meatballs is lazy.

Baked Breaded Sriracha Chicken

1 pkg (8 to 10) bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat and skin
¾ quart buttermilk
Sriracha sauce
3 to 3-¾ cups seasoned breadcrumbs
Grated Parmesan cheese (no need for the expensive stuff, jar is OK)
2 to 3 tbsp dried crushed oregano
2 to 3 tbsp dried crushed basil
2 to 3 tbsp dried crushed parsley
Cooking spray
Rimmed baking sheet
Double-fold of heavy duty aluminum foil

The day before baking, layer the bottom of a large Glad or Rubbermaid covered plastic container with chicken thighs.
Squirt some Sriracha sauce over the chicken. Place a 2nd layer or thighs over the first. Squirt more Sriracha over the chicken.
Shake the bottle of buttermilk, open, and pour around the chicken to almost cover. Cover the container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
On day of baking, take a medium mixing bowl, and pour in the remaining ingredients into the bowl. Use clean hands to combine the ingredients, breaking up cheese clumps and incorporating the seasonings.
With a rimmed baking sheet, fold over a double-thickness of foil and form to the edges. Spray cooking spray the inner side of the baking sheet.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Open the container of chicken and place the container in the sink. Place the mixing bowl of breadcrumb mixture next to the sink, and the baking sheet next to the mixing bowl.
Using kitchen tongs take one piece of chicken, and turn a couple times to evenly coat with buttermilk/sriracha. Dredge the chicken in the breadcrumbs, turning and tossing crumbs to coat thoroughly. Place the coated thigh on the baking sheet.
Repeat until all chicken is coated.
Discard marinade.
Wait until oven has come up to temperature, then slide the baking sheet onto the upper rack of the oven. Close oven door and set time for 1 hour.
Once done, remove baking sheet from oven and allow chicken to cool for 10 minutes. While the chicken is cooling wash out the Glad/buttermilk container and dry.
Once 10 minutes has passed, use clean tongs and a spatula to transfer the chicken to the Glad container.
Cover and refrigerate. Chicken will keep for up to 12 days, covered. Simply reheat pieces (I prefer 1 tor 2) in microwave for 8 minutes at 70% power. Serve with homemade sausage stuffing (see below) or garden salad.

Last edited:
Mushroom Sausage Stuffing
(Exc. Recipe)

Prep: 25 to 30 min Total: 1 hour Yield: Serves: 8

3 tbsp olive oil
10 to 12 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
1 pint of mushrooms, sliced, rinsed, patted dry, crumbled
3 lb. hot ground sausage, divided into small ½” or ¾” size pieces
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 pkg of Pepperidge Farms Herbed Cubed Breadcrumbs Stuffing

Sauté the vegetables over medium-high heat with a 3 tbsp of olive oil in a stockpot until softened, about 30 to 35 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low after first 15 minutes.
Add the ground sausage, broken into small bite-size pieces. Brown until sausage is no longer pink.
Once browned, drain the stockpot over a colander and bowl, and return to the mixture to the stockpot.
Turn off the rangetop heat.
Add the bread cubes to the stockpot. Add the 2 cups chicken broth to the stockpot. Stir until well-combined.
Store in a large Glad plastic-covered container in fridge for up to 10 to 14 days.
Alternately, stuff bird or fill a 13 x 9-inch casserole or Corning Ware dish (if baking in a dish bake covered at 325° F for 40 to 45 minutes).

Cook’s Note: For low sodium chicken broth, my choice is Herb-Ox No-Sodium Chicken Granules. Add 2 heaping teaspoonfuls into 2 cups hot water and whisk until dissolved.

Homemade bread...

1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 tblsp brown sugar
2tblsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp fast rise yeast

Looks like this...

That would make a great Meatball Sandwich.:rolleyes::D

Knottsberry Farm Meatloaf Alt

Prep: 20 min Total: 2 hours Yield: 2 meat loaves; ~ 20 Servings

Recipe Can Be Cooked & Frozen for Storage

2 lbs. 80% ground beef or 93% lean ground turkey
1 lb. ground pork
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
2 sleeves Premium saltine crackers, processed to a fine ground crumb
4 jumbo eggs, beaten
½ cup ketchup
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1-½ tbsp dried oregano
1-½ tbsp dried basil
1-½ tbsp dried parsley
Olive oil cooking spray
1 (24 oz) pkg of Plumrose or Wright Applewood Smoked Bacon

In a very large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the bacon, using clean gloved hands, until well-incorporated.

Using 2 standard bread loaf pans, spray each loaf pan on the inside with olive oil cooking spray. Divide the meatloaf mixture in 2 parts and transfer each part to the respective prepared loaf pans. Flatten to smooth to the edges, then use your index finger to create a grooved depression along the inner side of each meatloaf to be cooked.

Open your package of bacon, and lay out 5 strips of bacon lengthwise along each meatloaf, tucking in the excess on the ends. Then, cut the remaining bacon crosswise in half, and lay out the remaining strips crosswise on the meatloaves, tucking in the ends if needed.

Preheat your oven to 400°F. While the oven is heating, place a half-filled roasting pan of tap water in the lower oven rack. Be sure there is adequate space between lower rack and above for the meatloaves. Once the oven has come up to temperature, place the meatloaves on a rimmed baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven, above the water pan.

Reduce the heat to 350°F and set your oven timer for 1-½ hours (90 minutes). Once the meatloaves are finished cooking, remove them to a wire cooling rack and allow the loaves to cool to room temperature, about 1-½ hours. Once cooled, run a knife around the isnde edge of the loaf pans to loosen the loaves from the pans. Place the cooled loaves in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. One sufficiently chilled, the meatloaves can now be removed from the loaf pans. Be sure to use a spatula once a knife has been run along the edges. Carefully lift with the spatula to relate the edges, and then invert the loaves to remove these, patting them on the bottom of the loaf pan. If the loaves are well-chilled, they will remove in one piece.

Wrap the loaves in double wrapped foil and freeze, or place in your fridge. A chilled meatloaf will keep for 10 days; frozen for 3 months.

Use slices of rye bread, honey mustard and bread/butter pickle slices plus a ¾-inch slice of meatloaf for an awesome, low calorie meatloaf.

Cook's Note: Be sure to use a basting pipette to drain the excess fat from the loaves once cooked. Doing so will not affect flavor nor impact cohesiveness of loaf prior to chilling. Be sure to refrigerate the meatloaf 4 hours or overnight, otherwise they may not invert and remove from the loaf pan in one piece.

Lavraki Fystiki
Pistachio crusted Rockfish

-Rockfish or similar fillets
-salt
-white pepper
-paprika
-pistachio
-olive oil

(veggies)
-squash (zucchini,yellow,or your choice, many different veggies will do)
-tomato
-onion
-garlic
-salt, pepper of choice, oregano,basil, olive oil

*I leave the measurements out cause much traditional greek food is prepared to taste and we tend to use the palm of the hand as a measuring spoon.

1-Crunch up some pistachios, add salt, pepper, paprika. (the pic shows my approx mixture)
2-*(Optional) Dip fillets in milk, then flour, then milk, then pistachio mixture. Set aside to let crust adhere to fillets. *I say optional cause I bypass the flour but if this is your first attempt, the flour helps the crust
stay on better.
3-Chop veggies bite size. Garlic & onion diced.
4-Pan fry fish at med heat, too high will scorch the coating, turn carefully (trying to avoid knocking off the crust) cook evenly both sides.
5-Heat up another pan, sautéed garlic & onions to caramelized, add veggies (squash first, tomato second) try to get an even constancy of tenderness among them. Add spices at the final stage of cooking.
6-Plate the fish, add veg, serve with bread & salads of your choice, enjoy!!!

]
U4BGLC2.jpg

MMyPNJu.jpg

JBh3jRx.jpg

YVs0icv.jpg

NiRaRAN.jpg

jQ3fna3.jpg

9lclXun.jpg

XSGXS7p.jpg

I haven't had one in years, but here goes:

In a PRS Dragon pint glass add:

1 tbsp Horseradish
1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp Worsteshire Sauce
2 shots Premium Vodka (except in Utah, where you need 3)
Add Ice to fill glass 3/4 full, stir
Add Your choice of Tomato, Clamato ot V8 Juice to fill glass.
Squeeeze 1 lime wedge over top.
Garnish if you feel fancy.

:D

Back