Got 53/10's for Custom 22

For what it's worth, the 53/10's in my P22 are my favorite all time PRS pickups (well, tied with the 85/15s...not that they are all that similar...)

Though I really like the 7's in my S2 semi, I would be very interested in hearing a set of 53/10's in it...

Anyways, nice grab! I bet you'll love 'em!

I love the 53/10s, too. Had them in an AP SC58, and am still kicking myself for letting it go.

I'll say what I always do about 53/10's…….The finest set of pickups ever made by PRS, and among the greatest out there by anyone, period. Chime and clarity with a strong, ballsy personality all their own. If you want a powerful overdriven sound, you'll be likely left wanting, but if you want a nuanced, expressive sound with lots of range, they can't be beat.

Well the 53/10's are in the C22, they sound amazing. Really opened up the guitar and the sound seems to bloom more. Easy to see why people think Dragon 2's while are good, they are nothing compared to what PRS has done with their pickup's in the last 10 years. The D2's sound dull and lifeless.

The mid and higher registers are really clear, best of all is that I never really bothered with the coil splits but now find them very usable especially with both pick ups on.

Last edited:
Ha I'd been wondering how you were getting on with them! So glad you dig them, and I'm totally with you on the coil taps, they're really nice on the 53/10s :)

Thanks man, took me awhile as I have been busy. I was going to put the old D2's in my Tremonti but am now thinking 57/08's. A mate in Melbourne has done this to his Tremonti and loves them.

Forgot to add I got to try them through an Archon 25 combo, very nice little amp.

Back