Goodbye

I meant the schtick, not the appearance.

ArcticEntireGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif

I taught myself a long time ago to never say goodbye. There is too much permanency in that concept. At some point in time, we will meet again.Whether that is your return to this forum or passing by on the street or standing in line at the gates of where ever, our paths will meet again. Which ever path you choose to follow, I wish you only the best.

During the evening last night, I learned that one of my wifes nephews (14) has leukemia, and then got a very bad report from the vet on Tripper. Bad enough initially, that we didn't know if he was coming home from the vet last night. Reading about 'breaks" sort of opened a wound. Said all that to say, sorry for the bummer post last night!

On a positive note, the vet called back this morning with test results for Tripper that found out an issue that is treatable and new meds on the way should make him feel much better and hopefully make him stick around for a couple more years, and in better health than he's been lately! I don't do downer mode often. Needless to say, I'm in a bit better mood today.
Good vibes to you, and yours, my brother.

Last edited:
Apropos of 'Goodbye, goodbye'...

My favorite goodbye ever was delivered by Stevie Wonder at the end of Fingertips, Part 2:

1963. A good year for music.

"I wasn't around then, Les."

"You kinda missed out. Fingertips. Louie Louie by the Kingsmen. First Beatles hits. Martha and The Vandellas. Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. Dee Dee Sharp."

"You're way past it, man."

"Duh."

Last edited:
Ooh, I haven't been to a Friday night fish fry in I don't know how long. Probably 10 years. That's OK though. I eat next to no fried food these days so I bet the entire rest of my weekend would be a little greasy, and maybe a bit sudden due to the increased lubrication on the other end.

Ooh, I haven't been to a Friday night fish fry in I don't know how long. Probably 10 years. That's OK though. I eat next to no fried food these days so I bet the entire rest of my weekend would be a little greasy, and maybe a bit sudden due to the increased lubrication on the other end.
I had one tonight, first one in a year thanks to Aunt Rona.

Good vibes to, and yours, my brother.
Thanks man. More good news on Tripper today. For a mere $100/month or so, his new meds might fix a bunch of things that have been wrong with him for a while. One problem after the other the last few years, all turn out to be symptoms of a disease he has. The meds for this disease may allow him to stop taking about 4 other meds, but more importantly, should help him feel much better. The seizure meds alone made the poor boy shake all the time and made him like a zombie after he takes them. All a symptom of something else he has, but it is treatable.

Thanks man. More good news on Tripper today. For a mere $100/month or so, his new meds might fix a bunch of things that have been wrong with him for a while. One problem after the other the last few years, all turn out to be symptoms of a disease he has. The meds for this disease may allow him to stop taking about 4 other meds, but more importantly, should help him feel much better. The seizure meds alone made the poor boy shake all the time and made him like a zombie after he takes them. All a symptom of something else he has, but it is treatable.
Great news!

Back