Goodbye

merciful-evans

Portsmouth uk
All,

All of you have been great company but I’m a fish out of water here.

I have not asked to be removed from the forum as yet. I may do later.

Thanks for having me these last few years. Good luck all and keep playing guitar.

ME

Stick around. Who knows? Maybe someday you will wake up and say “Today is the day I’m going to buy a(nother?) PRS.” Stranger things have happened.

Besides, this is the only guitar forum that doesn’t raise the blood pressure of its members. Stick around for your own health.

Last edited:
Take a hiatus, no need to leave forever unless I have missed something.

A fish out of water is my normal existence...there are a fine bunch of fish here in the forum too!

Ha...you aint got nothin on me as far as being the resident "fish out of water" and I still partake in the fun here every now and then.

While I agree with the sentiment that you should stick around, I'm more interested in finding out why you don't feel a part of the community.
No PRS? No interest in playing guitar? What is bringing you to this crossroad?

As a couple others have said, by all means take a break, but don't do anything permanent, at least for a bit. There are several of us who have had to take the periodic sabbatical, that's understandable. And at least you'll keep your handle and make it easier on the rest of us if you come back. :D

Last edited:
My best wishes to you in whatever you decide to do. But, if you like music and guitars (which I assume you do since you have been around for a while) stick around, even if you are just lurking. This is probably the best forum on the internet because there's no politics, most of the time the posts stay on topic (or if anything they veer off to tacos and drinks) and people aren't trolls (well there was one that I know of but he got banned). In fact the people on here are some of the most supportive ever. Whether you need help, advice or just want to vent this place is great. I love that this connects people from all over the world. Plus, the humor. OMG the humor and quirky comments. And finally, your avatar. I love the stuffed bear. When I see a post from you I always get a smile just because of the avatar. Anyhow, the best to you in your future.

All,

All of you have been great company but I’m a fish out of water here.

I have not asked to be removed from the forum as yet. I may do later.

Thanks for having me these last few years. Good luck all and keep playing guitar.

ME

Fish out of water??? As Wedge said, there is variety at every level here. If people couldn't be comfortable here because they were a fish out of water, then there are some others here that sure don't fit any mold...

Me! I don't buy $5K or more guitars on a whim. I don't have dozens of them. And more of my posts are joking around than are serious gear discussion.

Alnus- dude hung out here for years when he didn't even own a PRS. Talk about fish out of water.

Scott. Come on, he's from Alabama! I bet he says "y'all" and words like that!

And, what mold exactly does Candid Picker fit? (Although I hear he was quite a hit at the singles mixer Tuesday night!)

There's 4 more fishes right there that would be laying on the bank, flipping for air. But here, it's all good. Except for Sergio trying to flip out of the lake. He's trying to get out of the water, but we won't let him. Thank goodness we have Bodia close so he can keep taking his foot and pushing him back into the water.

Words to Live By...

lLXgUj7.jpg

Back