Goodbye Mira ~ I'll never forget you

Status
Not open for further replies.
We avoid issues like that Garret usually by her buying me something cool, me buying something cool for her or we just decide to do something together. We've been pooling resources since about 30 years ago when she was in the fashion biz and modeling, and I was trying to make it in music, and neither of us had a pot to piss in (something we always remember). Now that both have been doing quite well we still just pool the money and it's usually the other person saying, "Go ahead and get X or Y". Of course there has to be trust nobody will abuse the cash but we've never had a problem with that for over 30 years.

I absolutely don't fault that approach. It's worked for my parents since 1965. We've done it both ways, and my wife and I are both happiest with the split money approach.

Funny thing: I've read a few times over the years that financial experts recommend the split money approach. But very recently, I saw something from a very prominent source recommending to keep all your money pooled together. I guess there's no right or wrong answer as long as it works. I'm of the opinion that if you don't have trust and a mutual give/take, nothing's going to work.

This Drew guy... what a chump. I'm keeping a happy household, helping a terminally ill friend, acclimating to a new house, and celebrating my daughter's graduation. In perspective, the Mira is a worthless material possession. Truth be told, I couldn't care less if a few members here think I'm stupid for doing what I choose to do. Last time I checked, it was my money. I posted because I respect (most) members of this forum, and I was pretty much just giving an update. We all have our ways of navigating through marriage, finances, and life in general. If you want to talk about "growing a pair", it takes a bigger man to make a sacrifice versus being a selfish child.

The guitar is sold. Now I'm off to the important things... like enjoying my being the best man in a beautiful wedding. PRS will live on without me for now... I'm certain. Sometimes you just need a little perspective.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06...cancer-stricken-woman-to-marry-longtime-love/

Much respect, man. The first post definitely didn't show the perspective of things. Not that you need anyone's validation, but you made a great decision.

How about an H3 and a Squire Telecaster? I know a guy.

Nah... maybe if it was a US tele custom... but I just traded an explorer for a focus because I was sick of paying $80 to drive a piddly 200 miles before having to repeat... don't need to get another one with more recalls :p

Kudos to JStarr.....thanks for such an amazing instrument! I couldn't be happier with it.

JStarr, if you are happy with the outcome, that is all that matters.

I agree with the others that say you should stick around and continue to post. Your Mira review/evaluation was one the best posts I have read on here this year.

I have tremendous respect for what you are doing. I also think you will regret letting the Mira go. Give your wife a few months, then work on making her understand that while it's a material possession and you may not be a virtuoso, an instrument like this is something you cherish and enjoy. Then, buy another Mira and get her something of equal value that she doesn't need, but wants. YOLO.

Wow. I need to give much thanks to a few of you for your very kind words. Just to give an update, the wedding was absolutely spectacular, but unfortunately Jenn passed away a few weeks later. It was pretty bittersweet, but we all knew what was coming. Here's a link to the video:

http://youtu.be/85nk0p7ZWs4

Anyway, the bright spot in all of this (in PRS land anyway) is that I just bought another new Bernie today. That was the guitar that I really loved... Even though the Mira was surely a gem. After a little soul seeking, I realized that the Bernie was really the "one that got away."

Number two should be here by the end of the week, and from the pics... It looks absolutely stunning. I'll be sure to post another update when she arrives. Thanks again to all those with the kind words. It means a lot.

Cool, are you keeping the MM?
Oh, and realize that there are a few changes, on the head stock they now use Bernie's signature that he wrote with a crayon, while blind folded and after taking half a bottle of cold medicine; and PRS is now putting holograms of Paul's vacation pictures on the back of the neck.

Wow. I need to give much thanks to a few of you for your very kind words. Just to give an update, the wedding was absolutely spectacular, but unfortunately Jenn passed away a few weeks later. It was pretty bittersweet, but we all knew what was coming. Here's a link to the video:

http://youtu.be/85nk0p7ZWs4

Anyway, the bright spot in all of this (in PRS land anyway) is that I just bought another new Bernie today. That was the guitar that I really loved... Even though the Mira was surely a gem. After a little soul seeking, I realized that the Bernie was really the "one that got away."

Number two should be here by the end of the week, and from the pics... It looks absolutely stunning. I'll be sure to post another update when she arrives. Thanks again to all those with the kind words. It means a lot.

Amazing. You'll have no regrets.

Cool, are you keeping the MM?
Oh, and realize that there are a few changes, on the head stock they now use Bernie's signature that he wrote with a crayon, while blind folded and after taking half a bottle of cold medicine; and PRS is now putting holograms of Paul's vacation pictures on the back of the neck.

LOL Mike. All of those features sound quite tasteful. Gibson should take some cues from PRS....

I think you've made your case for selling the guitar. So the only thing remaining to put all this to rest is, you put up a pic of the guitar, now you need to post a pic of the hot wife. You know, just to quiet the nay sayers. :laugh:

Right on, JStarr!

Thank you for putting aside your own personal wants of material possessions to help a friends dying wish to come true, and for loving your wife to the best of your ability each and every day. The world needs more men like you.

I think you've made your case for selling the guitar. So the only thing remaining to put all this to rest is, you put up a pic of the guitar, now you need to post a pic of the hot wife. You know, just to quiet the nay sayers. :laugh:

Normally, I wouldn't oblige, but to quiet the nay sayers as you put it...

10530876_10204459904436062_8483670611679606650_n_zps3e7570fa.jpg

And if you look close... she's sitting in the Hummer. LOL.

Right on, JStarr!

Thank you for putting aside your own personal wants of material possessions to help a friends dying wish to come true, and for loving your wife to the best of your ability each and every day. The world needs more men like you.

Thanks Sergio. You're the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back