Goodbye Mira ~ I'll never forget you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it better to let JStarr be the judge of all that and not a bunch of outsiders?

Isn't it better to let JStarr be the judge of all that and not a bunch of outsiders?

Anyone who posts anything like this on a forum is probably at least somewhat interested in what others think....even if at a subconscious level....whether it be some doubt about the situation or what not. You can't tell a man how to live his life but I've been with the woman who dictated in those ways and it doesn't turn out well down the road. If my old lady drove a Hummer and told me to sell a $1200 guitar for the "greater good" or because having it was "impractical", Well, that is wrong on so many levels. Once again, OP, please don't be THAT guy. Enjoy your things that you have worked hard to earn and don't let anyone tell you that you can't, even those you are legally bound to.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;153449 said:
Exactly. I'm almost never on time but I still wear a swiss watch.

You're always on time, and Swiss "auto" watches aren't the best time keepers....................................but I get and agree with your point. :biggrin:

Also... I'm 44. She's 30 (and smoking hot), so she's one piece of "equipment" that I'm never letting go.

I'm in you ballpark age wise; for nearly a decade happily married to a beauty; we have two kids.
Together with the picture that you gave in this thread I would like to give you one suggestion from man to man:

Independently if its about a guitar or about something else that is important to you:
!Woman in general don't want a guy that they have in their pocket / and/or is doing like told!

They never admit it and they speak different but in my decades dealing and loving (with) them they ultimately like and admire someone who has his own rules and also hard borders that he is not willing to tear down.

You will not be loved more now that you sold this guitar!
In the opposite this outcome is producing a slight boredom in a woman's brain for her partner.

When something is really important for you + you are not harming your family with it + you can back it up with you own money:
Go for it! and then stand to your decision and dont step back.
You will make yourself happy and also your wife will love and admire you more long term.

By the way I allow my partner the same behavior; if she really like something + if its not harming us and if its her money I let her do it and I support it. I don't want to be married to a partner that I can bend down and that is reversing her own made decisions only because I would wine around.

You just have to fight some discussions at the beginning until your partner learns the new set points in your partnership. If you are not used to that, it will make you nervous at the beginning and your wife will behave upset.
In a few weeks/month that will be forgotten and and the real price for you is not a kept guitar but a better marriage with more respect and love.

Last edited:
Focus peeps, focus! Is the Mira sold, or still waiting for a new owner? And what's the forum discount? :p

To come over a bit "yoof" for a moment: that's the most bitchin' Mira I've seen. Be a shame to let it go! I'd concur with others on keeping the Mira and selling the Tele and amp if you can swing it. The guitar is what you feel as you play - you can always rent a great amp if/when you get a gig but a good guitar is personal.

I'm in you ballpark age wise; for nearly a decade happily married to a beauty; we have two kids.
Together with the picture that you gave in this thread I would like to give you one suggestion from man to man:

Independently if its about a guitar or about something else that is important to you:
!Woman in general don't want a guy that they have in their pocket / and/or is doing like told!

They never admit it and they speak different but in my decades dealing and loving (with) them they ultimately like and admire someone who has his own rules and also hard borders that he is not willing to tear down.

You will not be loved more now that you sold this guitar!
In the opposite this outcome is producing a slight boredom in a woman's brain for her partner.

When something is really important for you + you are not harming your family with it + you can back it up with you own money:
Go for it! and then stand to your decision and dont step back.
You will make yourself happy and also your wife will love and admire you more long term.

By the way I allow my partner the same behavior; if she really like something + if its not harming us and if its her money I let her do it and I support it. I don't want to be married to a partner that I can bend down and that is reversing her own made decisions only because I would wine around.

You just have to fight some discussions at the beginning until your partner learns the new set points in your partnership. If you are not used to that, it will make you nervous at the beginning and your wife will behave upset.
In a few weeks/month that will be forgotten and and the real price for you is not a kept guitar but a better marriage with more respect and love.

Seconded here. I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I agree with this. I know we are kind of invading your personal life here, but it's with the best intentions.

Anyway, even if you do let go of the Mira, I strongly encourage you to keep Marcello's words in your mind. That is more important than Mira or no Mira - especially since you seem to value your marriage and your wife. It's not something to do because it gets you what you want - it's something to do to make sure you have a strong marriage.

BTW, setting "boundaries" is not done by being a jerk about it - you just have to authentically, calmly and assertively say how it's going to be. And you don't do it when it's not warranted.

My $0.01...

Also... I'm 44. She's 30 (and smoking hot), so she's one piece of "equipment" that I'm never letting go.

Hey, I got one of those... I "let her go" for a year last year and while she was gone... I bought five PRS. :proud:

One thing we are all overlooking is: Who the hell is gonna buy a Hummer? JStarr can't sell what nobody is willing to buy.

Hey, I got one of those... I "let her go" for a year last year and while she was gone... I bought five PRS. :proud:

One thing we are all overlooking is: Who the hell is gonna buy a Hummer? JStarr can't sell what nobody is willing to buy.

If it were an H1 id buy it :-D

I don't know if my garage is tall enough though, and my roommate and girlfriend would be peeved they had to park outside

Last edited:
If it were an H1 id buy it :-D

I don't know if my garage is tall enough though, and my roommate and girlfriend would be pissed they had to park outside

How about an H3 and a Squire Telecaster? I know a guy.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "her money" and "my money" as ours all goes into the same pot.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around "her money" and "my money" as ours all goes into the same pot.

My wife and I do this. We put the vast majority of our funds into a joint account, but we have an agreement to keep some to ourselves in individual accounts. We budget all of our joint expenses from the joint account, and we do whatever we want with our individual accounts. Avoids issues like "You spent how much on that guitar?" or "How much did you spend on that spa treatment?"

When I read the OP, I immediately thought that if he and his wife had the same arrangement, the Mira would be a non-issue.

Anyway, now that I've stuck my nose in, I'm sure the OP is a big boy and can make his own decisions.

We avoid issues like that Garret usually by her buying me something cool, me buying something cool for her or we just decide to do something together. We've been pooling resources since about 30 years ago when she was in the fashion biz and modeling, and I was trying to make it in music, and neither of us had a pot to piss in (something we always remember). Now that both have been doing quite well we still just pool the money and it's usually the other person saying, "Go ahead and get X or Y". Of course there has to be trust nobody will abuse the cash but we've never had a problem with that for over 30 years.

This Drew guy... what a chump. I'm keeping a happy household, helping a terminally ill friend, acclimating to a new house, and celebrating my daughter's graduation. In perspective, the Mira is a worthless material possession. Truth be told, I couldn't care less if a few members here think I'm stupid for doing what I choose to do. Last time I checked, it was my money. I posted because I respect (most) members of this forum, and I was pretty much just giving an update. We all have our ways of navigating through marriage, finances, and life in general. If you want to talk about "growing a pair", it takes a bigger man to make a sacrifice versus being a selfish child.

The guitar is sold. Now I'm off to the important things... like enjoying my being the best man in a beautiful wedding. PRS will live on without me for now... I'm certain. Sometimes you just need a little perspective.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06...cancer-stricken-woman-to-marry-longtime-love/

If you ever find yourself a few hours south on 23, and need a fix, you are more that welcome to play my Mira, or my Bernie for that matter. I hope it's a wonderful wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back