Good things come to those that wait... NGD DGT Goldtop

DogPhishHead

I've been looking since spring and forgot about it. Then my father was diagnosed with cancer in mid-August and passed away last Monday, so I've shied away from guitars and music over the past six weeks, just drawing in and trying to maintain my family. Then today I saw a beautiful 2011 gold top DGT for a great price on the gearpage and snagged it tonight. I want to really dive back into music this fall to get my mind off the ordeal I've been though and I do believe this DGT is the ticket to that goal. Here's the seller's pic. I'll post some new shots when it arrives. "Teko" (my dad's childhood nickname) is going to be my sole guitar as I'm giving my SE Zach Myers to my 17 year old son. Time to look up to the sky, smile and learn to live again and seek a new "normal" in my life.
index.php

Last edited:
Congrats, that's an awesome looking guitar and I'm sure it will play just as good...love the DGT. My condolences and sorry you're going through a rough time, but hopefully music/guitar will help!

Gold tops are so classy! Nice pickup!

Very sorry to hear about your dad. I sure know a part of me would be missing if he were to pass. :(

Last edited:
My Condolences for your dad's passing I lost my dad 18 years ago and an acoustic guitar
got me through the hard period, so I'm sure this beautiful DGT will bring back the Joyful moments

Congrats

I am so sorry for your loss. No one can know exactly what you're going through, although most can understand and sympathize. I lost my wife recently and am slowly readjusting to an empty nest. My main consolation is the SE Angelus AE10 that she bought for me on Valentines Day. I've been picking it up more than any of my others. Music is the therapy. Again my sincere condolences.

So sorry for your loss. My dad is ok for now but he has had bladder cancer to deal with this summer. I've put a lot of things on hold to be around for this.

I hope you are able to find the strength to get back on track.

Nice guitar.

I lost my dad when I was young, so I understand how that feels. It'll be nice that you think of him whenever you pick up that guitar. It's a cool one!

Condolences on your loss. I lost my dad at 18. Lots of things I wish he'd been around to see and share. Remember the good times fondly, and he'll never be gone.

That DGT will serve you well.

Best wishes.

Sorry for your loss thinking of you bro. I lost my dad some 15 yrs ago and my brother 6wks ago.
Playing my guitars really helped. I played the arse of em!! Play well look up and be proud.

I understand so much, lost my father in 2012. It was tough to even play guitar for a while because he was a guitarist also and we played jazz tunes together.

Best wishes on your "new normal".

Sorry to hear about your dad - much mojo sent.

The DGT is a great guitar - especially in gold top. I hope it brings you much comfort.

Thanks everyone. Dad was 82, he supported my guitar lessons, bought me my first few guitars in the early 80's - G&L and Ovation and hauled my arse around when I was playing in the high school jazz band. To those that have lost a parent or parents, I feel for you. It's tough. Bless you all.

Thanks everyone. Dad was 82, he supported my guitar lessons, bought me my first few guitars in the early 80's - G&L and Ovation and hauled my arse around when I was playing in the high school jazz band. To those that have lost a parent or parents, I feel for you. It's tough. Bless you all.
Bless you bro

AjmZcqQ.jpg

The DGT arrived yesterday, had about an hour or so play time with it so far. Prior owner liked high action, so I've been lowering the saddles to get it back "close" to PRS spec. High action and those .011s have shown me that my callouses are gone - actually have some sore finger tips. I also dialed the pups back to PRS spec after getting the action down - this guitar has SO many tones, love the coil taps and the bridge pup really shines with the Mesa's overdrive channel (have it dialed into a dumble like tone). I'll be cleaning the pup cover tarnish off next week, polishing the frets, cleaning the fingerboard and restringing with .0105 strings. The coil tap, compressor and amp's EQ scoop gives me an almost acoustic quality - these are some damn fine pickups. Enjoying my first core.

Back